A Thousand Kisses ⁞『 L0VE LETTER 』

| ♡ L0VE LETTER

To my beloved Satomi,

            You are always on my mind; I can’t stop thinking about you, the first thoughts when I wake, and the last thoughts before I go to sleep are of you. I am so lucky to know of your existence. Every day if I don’t get to see your face, I feel miserable.

            I wish to be able to see your smile one day, it doesn’t seem like you smile often. But I know that has to be a time when you do smile, and I’m sure it will be beautiful and magical. Every time I imagine you smiling it makes me light up inside. Even when I am having a really bad day, thinking of that smile makes me want to smile too and it makes me forget about everything else that was bothering me.

            No matter what, I look up to you as the smartest, most handsome boy I’ve ever known. Even if this letter doesn’t change anything, and you don’t like me back I understand. As long as you are around, even doing the most boring thing would be fun with you. I’m sure, if we ever got to be friend’s I could manage to bring that smile out! I want to spend as much time with you as possible if we do become closer.

            Love always,

                        Ikeuchi Sara 2nd year, D4

I grasped tightly onto my precious letter, my heart pounding severely against my chest. I had worked so hard on it; put so much thought and emotion into composing every bit of it. But now … that it was finally finished and in my hands, I didn't know what to do anymore.

Mariko stood beside me, a sour expression on her face.

“Why do I have to be here again?” She muttered.

I shot her a desperate glance.

“Because, I need your moral support!” I gasped out, like it was the most obvious thing.

Mariko raised a hand lazily up into the air, her expression glum.

“Woo, go Sara.”

Hmph, sarcastic meanie.

 I turned my back on her, my heart still beating madly, and swallowed nervously. I had to admit, I was having second thoughts. After all, it had been so long. I never considered making a move until now. It was so much simpler watching him from a distance, and simply fantasizing.

Mariko spoke again, and a chill passed through me when I noticed a softened tinge to her voice.

“Hey, are you ok?” she asked.

I closed my eyes tightly, and shot down. To balance on my knees, I tried to take deep breaths.

“Uh, Sara?” Her voice questioned from above me.

I wasn’t one to notice such things, but she wasn’t just unnerved by the fact that her best friend might faint at any moment, but also the way I was sitting squat in the middle of the hallway, causing inquiring glances toward us from passing students, might also have her irked.

I pressed one hand to my mouth firmly. I felt this sudden compulsion to get rid of the contents of my stomach. I didn’t see it then, but my skin was growing paler, and turning this irregular tinge of green.

I leaned sideways, feeling dizzy. “I think I’m gonna hurl.” I stated truthfully.

Mariko quickly bent beside me, her face for once, stricken.