PART ONE ; CHAPTER TWO

READ's  POV

READ's POV

                  I jumped, frightened at the sight of another human being. What the hell was happening? The man did nothing but stare at me, making me heat up in an uncomfortable way. I didn't remember much, but I did remember that I didn't like being stared at.

             I gazed down at my body, as if doing so would give me an answer as to why the man was in this box with me. I stimulated my hands, moved my fingers, clenched and unclenched them rapidly; and the only answer I got was that the man kept on taking notes on some sort of clipboard every time I did something.

I noted something blue in a corner of the cell. It was a flower. Why the hell was there a flower here?

"Set it on fire, Read." The man said sternly. I turned around, confused.

"What?" I looked at the man as if he were crazy. Set what on fire?

"The flower. I said, set it on fire." He remained stern, staring at me. I opened my mouth and raised my shoulders. I didn't want to die, so I obeyed him. Who knows what that man was capable of?

"Okay, just give me some matches." I said. The man laughed. Not a giggle, a whole hearted laugh. As if what I said was so stupid and funny, that he literally needed to stop what he was doing to mock me. "What? What's so funny? You want me to make a fire, so give me some matches."

"Demanding, aren't we?" He smirked. "You don't need matches." He explained, walking towards the flower.

"Of course I do! How else will I make fire?" I said, my voice shaking. The man took a step towards me, and I instinctively and instantly took a step back.

"Think it, and it shall appear." He said simply. I furrier up my eyebrows. Confused I looked at the man. His long brown shoulder-length hair alongside his tall frame intimidated me, and I was too disoriented to think straight. His confusing words twisted around my mind, and I was beginning to feel nauseated.

"Excuse me?"

"Point your hand at the flower, think of fire; and it shall appear." He repeated, writing something down on his paper. I took a deep breath and did as I was told. 

I pointed my hand at the flower, palm facing, unable to comprehend what was happening and why I was told to do this, when a giant flame spat out of my palm.

                  I jumped backwards, almost knocking into the man whom was rapidly and frantically writing something into his notebook, frightened at the sight of a pure, lethal flame leaving my very own palm. What the hell was happening? I must've been dreaming; there was no way I was able to create fire with my own palm. There was no way the element of fire had escaped my palm. The same quote rung through my mind: 'think it, and it shall appear.'