↠0.1 Time to wake up

Luke

My head felt like it was about to explode.

I screamed in pain, holding my head. I couldn't open my eyes, it hurt too much. All I could feel was the pounding in my head.

After a couple of minutes the pain eventually got more bearable. I wasn't sure how much time had passed from me waking up. I was laying on my stomach, and the cold hard ground was scraping against my cheek. I shivered a bit. Wait.

Cold, hard ground.

I opened my eyes quickly, and it took a moment for my eyes to adjust. I sat up as fast as I could. As I watched around the dark room, I felt my heart beating faster than before.

It was too dark for me to actually see anything, but I could see the outlines of two windows. I tried to stand up, but my legs gave up. After trying to stand up for a while, I gained my strength back. I tried walking, and after a couple of shaky steps I could walk around.

I walked straight to one of the windows, trying to pry it open. Of course, it wouldn't nudge. It was covered with wooden planks, since I could see some light could come through small holes of the planks.

There was another window on the wall, and I tried to open it too. It remained still. Apart from the other window, this one had bars.

Where the hell am I?

I could hear coughing behind me, and my heart jumped. I turned swiftly around to see the outline of a body laying on the ground, holding their head. They started screaming, the same way I screamed out of pain just minutes ago. I could figure out from its voice that it was a boy. I kneeled next to him.

"Hey, can you hear me? It'll be alright soon. The pain doesn't last for long," I whispered, and he turned on his back. He tried to speak, but was unable to form actual words. I rested my hand on his shoulder, and he jumped lightly.

After a moment, his breathing began to become steady again. He was still holding his head, and his eyes were shut tight. He relaxed a bit, and soon opened his eyes.

Seeing me kneeled next to him made him sit up and stumble backwards. His breathing became quicker again. He was obviosly scared out of his mind.

"Calm down, okay? You're alright," I said, trying to make him calm down.

"Where the hell am I? Who are you? What happened to me?" He screamed at me, still stumbling backwards. He squealed when his back hit the cold stone wall. I slowly walked towards him.

"It's okay. Don't panic, I don't know where I am either," I said, still moving closer to him. He was staring at me with wide eyes, but he was a bit calmer.

"How did I get here? And who are you?" He asked me, eyeing me from head to toe. Though I was pretty sure he couldn't see anything else than a faint silhouette of me.

"I'm Luke. I have no idea how I got here either."

"A-Ashton. How long have you been here?"

"I woke up about 30 minutes ago, but I could have been here for weeks for all I know."

Ashton stood up, still shaking. He looked around the room curiously. "What is this p-place?"

"Like I told you earlier, I have no idea."

"I-I don't remember anything about the last days. Do you?"

"Actually, no. I don't."

Ashton turned around and saw the windows on the wall. He went into panic again, and tried to claw open the windows. I took a hold of his shoulders and pulled him back.