The planet

When they arrived on the planet, even Jack had to stop in awe. It had a certain beauty that no other planet he'd been to had. The sky was a deep purple color compared to the deep blueness of the planet. "Where are we?"
    "I don't know, we've been summoned or something. I was aiming for 2015 earth, specifically the week of July fourth in America. Which in case you haven't noticed, this isn't it."
    A man rushed past, he looked human. Jack looked and realized they were surrounded by buildings, built out of other blue materials. He follow the doctor after the man. "May I ask where we are?"
    The man looked confused, "How dare you talk to me."
    "What?" The Doctor looked like she was deciding what he meant.
    "A woman, not even a full grown one, speaking in public," he shot a scathing look at Jack, "You might want to teach her some manners."
    "Yea, and you might want to get some."
    The man looked like he might just attempt to teach her a lesson when a boom went off in the distance. The man's expression went from anger to terror. "They're coming." He started running, the Doctor ran after him, and Jack ran after her. They followed the man into a shelter of some type, with people milling around. They followed the man into a back room, full of important looking people sitting around the table,
    "Who have you brought Hadden?"
    The man we had followed scowled, "not with me."
    "Whatever the case, what are we going to do? People will start realizing these drills aren't drills."
    "Well, it'd be nice if the doctor would just get here already, we sent that message three weeks ago."
    "Gentlemen, gentlemen. I, the doctor, can't help if I don't know the problem."
    They all burst out laughing, "You can't be the doctor, he's tall, old, and skinny."
    "Did you just call me fat? You know what? Never mind. I am the doctor, I've recently regenerated."
    "Fine, what monster did you deal with last time you were here?"
    "Give me a second, that was quite a few generations ago." She squeezed her eyes shut in a highly concentrated expression. Her eyes flew up with fear, "Not those. Not here. Jack we have to go."
    "And leave us here to die?"
    "No. You're welcome to come with us." Jack had never seen this side of the doctor. He was worried, anything that would make the doctor run instead of investigating was something he never wanted to meet.
    "Are you really listening to a kid? Especially a girl?"
    "Sexist Pig"
    "What?"
    "You're a sexist pig." It was like the doctor was picking a fight. Something that had never happened before.
    The man was going to reply, but the  other guys, the one that seemed to be incharge silenced him, "We won't leave our home."
    "FIne. You're loss." She turned on her heel and stormed out of the room.
    "Hang on, what's out there?"
    "Humans have instinctive fears, one being pale, tall, sharped tooth, and black eyed beings. Do you ever wonder where they got this fear? Well, that race originated here and now they're back and now they're mad."
    "We have to help them."
    "I know, but those idiots won't listen to me." Her voice turned into the typical teenaged girl mimicking her overprotective parents. "You're just a kid. You're only a girl." Jack distractedly noticed her accent would change randomly and mid sentence. "If only they knew I'm well past 2,000 years old. If only they saw the old grandpa version of me, bring 12 back. But they'd probably then say you're too old, outdated. Why do you people insist on judging on gender, age, and race? Humans can be so stupid."
    "Uh..." Jack had only heard the doctor talk about how much they loved the human race, he didn't know how to respond to this.
    "Sorry. Narrow minded."
    "Right, which one were you when you came here last time?"
    "Nine and even he opened fire on these monsters."
    "Nine would never do that."
    "You haven't seen them."
    Jack worked his jaw as tried to figure out how to respond.
    "We need guns. Good guns. Guns that will kill these things."
    "You've turned into a monster. I've been meaning to say that for a long time. You're no longer the man or er woman who just wants to save everyone. I remember nine. You want to know why rose fell in love with him? Because of his kindness and passion to do the right thing."
    "And you know why I can't do that any more? Because I know now I can't save everyone. I can't risk this race getting off this planet again."
    "Again?"
    "Well yeah. With nine was the second time and it was disastrous."
    "Second? What was the first?"
    "A miracle of life."
    Jack had his mouth open for more questions when there was a terrible pounding noise against the shelters door.
    "Don't open it!" Screamed the doctor. She was halfway to the door when someone whipped it open, she screamed along with the rest of the people in the bunker.
She raised her sonic screwdriver and it closed and locked the door.