Explanation

I had recognised him. After walking along the narrow street, weaving through the town we'd put it together, a few years before, most likely 3, I had visited my elder sister, Lucy and he was one of her neighbours. I never spoke to him but at that age I was just looking out for my self, create a tough skin and don't make friends with people you won't see again.

His name was Noah. Noah James.

"So how old are you?" I smiled, politely and secretly interrogating, he looked at me his eyes flickered back to the ground "18, as of recent. Yourself" he questioned but no emotion in his voice. "17, 'as of recent ' aha, how come you're here?" I chastised, and the part of me that I once knew was back.
Don't make friends with someone who isn't going to stick around. He cleared his through and rubbed the tip of his sweet little ski slope nose "my grandparents passed a few months ago. I'm the new owner of their old house, my mum and dad hate me pretty much, they find me for simple shit like gas and they pay my phone bills,wifi and that stuff, basically so I'm out of their way." He said in a disappointed yet honest manner. "Oh..." I felt awkward and I couldn't really explain.

His mouth formed in an '0' "oh god no, Nads, wait is it okay for me to say that? I just mean I'm up here for sure now. You get me?" He said assuring me. "Oh well yeah I suppose you can call me that, mm I get you. Lucky, I hate living with my brother!" I said groaning slightly exaggerating, mostly true because he was such a control freak, another thing like dad. "Why'd you say that" Noah beckoned. " I'm a 17 year old girl, Noah. It's getting a little tough living with a 19 year old guy."

And then his face lit up