Day 9

The next morning it was slightly awkward, I knew who he was, but this should be all but impossible. I know that he can feel me looking at him, that is just the type of person I've observed him to be. I know he's waiting for me to say something to him but I can tell that his patience is truly fading.

I hear the sound of his footsteps begin to approach me, he doesn't say anything when he reaches me though. I hear him crouch down in front of me.

"Ethan?"

He takes a breath. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, why do you ask?"

"You seem bothered."

"I can assure you I'm fine."

"Right..." By the tone of his voice I could tell that he didn't believe me. "Well I've got something to show you."

He pulls me out of the chair and leads me carefully down the stairs and I could smell the flowers stronger now. Suddenly I feel coolness again from the sun and I think he's sat me under a tree of some sort.

I hear the slight grunt he gives as he sits next to me.

"What do you think?"

"It smells really nice, though I suppose if I could see I would say that it looks beautiful," I answer him dryly.

He then enthusiastically begins telling me about all of the flowers he'd planted in extraordinary detail. We had to have been sitting out here for at least a couple of hours, but through that time he never lost his enthusiasm.

I sat there listening to him.

Should I tell him that I know?

Suddenly I notice that he'd stopped talking.

"Why'd you stop?"

"You have that look on your face again... What's going on?"

I sigh. "You know how you asked me if I remembered you?"

He's silent but I hear his breath hitch.

"Ethan Gammon, you were the first friend I ever had when I was little... and then you suddenly disappeared one day,"

Suddenly his breathing escalated and I hear him hop up from his position beside me. "No!" he shouts, I feel him hit the tree, the vibrations coming through my body.

I cover my face as he continues to go ballistic.

"No! You weren't supposed to know!" I hear him begin to pace and then I hear things clatter around, dust was being kicked up and I coughed a little still pressing myself as close to the tree as possible.

I stops and all that's left is his heavy breathing and my steadily beating heart.

"I-" He begins approaching me.

I flench.

His footsteps hesitate and stutter to a stop. "I'm Sorry... I-I..." he trails off and a moment later I hear his footsteps slowly stumble away from me to the point that I could no longer hear him.

I release a breath, pushing some of my hair away from my face. I stand up feeling the bark of the tree against my fingers.

Now to find my way to the house...

I carefully make my way towards the house.

***

Later on that night after I'd made something to eat and finally laid down for the night or at least tried. I was listening to the sounds all around the house, specifically for Ethan he hadn't returned since his out burst earlier and I knew that it was really late. At least four or five hours.

Is this my chance?

As soon as I have that thought I hear the front doors open and close, and his familiar footsteps coming intently towards my room. A moment later the door swings open, and I sit up my back against the wall with a pillow clutched against my chest.

The click of the lamp is the only audible other sound in the room besides our breathing.

He begins pacing around again and this goes on for a few minutes, and then he finally stops. Finally seemingly coming to terms with what he wanted to say, I feel the bed dip as he comes and takes the spot next to me, the wood of the wall creaking when he places his weight on it.

"I'm sorry for my behavior..." He states calmly, his voice almost at a total whisper. "I scared you and I know that... I didn't mean to loose control like that. It's just that you weren't supposed to know,"

"But why? It sounded like you wanted me to know who you were,"

"I did but I didn't... It's not the right time."

"When's the right time?" I ask, not really knowing if I wanted to know the answer.

"It's a surprise..." He tells me, there is a hint of excitement in his voice that couldn't be missed.

I nod.

"But now that you know... I guess you're going to want to know what happened..." He says this and I can sense his nervousness.

"Yes..."

He sighs and I feel him remove the pillow I was clutching, place it on my lap and then lying down on it before I could even protest.

I place my hands by my sides on the sheets.

He's silent again before taking a deep breath. "After we left... things got rough. A lot of things didn't go right... Though I loved mother, loved her dearly so. She had to be stopped..."

Loved? As in past tense?

And suddenly his breathing becomes more erratic and soon he was sobbing.

What do I do?

"I've done something terrible... I never meant to hurt her. But she had to be dealt with... she was wrong..." And soon the other words become lost between the mumbling and the sobbing.

"Hurt who? Your mother? What did you do?"

"S-she's gone... after she sent me away," He answers his voice still thick with sobbing. "I can never go back..."

A cold feeling settled into the pit of my stomach. Did he kill his mother? And put away where? That means the authorities could be looking for him... Though they've probably started searching for me by now... Or at least I hope...

I turn my attention back towards the sobbing man currently taking residence in my lap. I hesitantly take my hand and place it into his hair and begin to stroke it gently, it seemed to calm him down because the full sobs soon turned into quiet hiccups.

"You used to call me Pocahontas," I whisper.

He laughs a little bit, though it came out croaky. "You remember... I can't believe you do."

"Mhmm," I vocalize my agreement.

He's quiet again and soon I hear soft snores signaling that he'd fallen asleep.

I place my head back against the wall, thinking about what he'd said. It had made a couple of things clear that hadn't been certain before: One I was kidnapped by a possible killer, and two: It wasn't a matter of if he would kill again.

It was a matter of when. 

***

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! So it seems that Mr. Gammon was an old childhood friend with a bit of a... twisted past shall we say. Well I hope you join me in the next chapter, as always I appreciate your support by commenting, sharing, and voting. Even follow me if you'd like! Until the next time! ^_^/

-Flowereader230