Epilogue

Weeks had passed and I was still recovering from my ordeal but it was a lot better than when I first got back. Though maybe it was a little worrisome that when I got back home I pretty much fell asleep almost instantly. My parents came down and spent a couple weeks with me, for which I was grateful. It was nice to see them again after so long on the front hand.

Olivia on the other hand has pretty much not left my side for too long since my departure. She's threatened to find Ethan and basically skin him alive, apparently the moment she found out that I was missing she hopped on the first flight back to the states.

Nathaniel on the had healed up as well quite nicely, or at least that is what he had told me, and mentally we were doing well. We had attended the required council by a psychiatrist together. That among other things we had began dating over the past couple of weeks, I guess the ordeal we had went through helping to bond us. Plus, I owed him that date that I would go on.

So it makes me wonder how I sitting here now in front of the very facility where Ethan was being housed. Nathaniel was next to me, holding my hand, his thumb making small circles on the back of it.

"You don't have to do this." He says.

I sigh. "But I do. Though I may not want to, its the right thing to do."

"But why does it have to be you?" He says. "You don't need to be anywhere near him."

I sigh again. "But he's sick, and apparently I'm part of helping him get better, that's what the doctors said."

Apparently Ethan had escaped from where they had him housed just a couple weeks prior to kidnapping me, and they had been looking for him ever since. Not expecting him to do something like this, they were just worried about the possibility of him hurting himself or others.

And it turned out he had killed his mother.

At the age of nine.

When they found them, the house was in a deplorable state of unkemptness, his mother had been abusing him both physically and mentally for years, even before they moved away. His father tried to get custody but by the time he'd located her, the damage had been done and he's been this way ever since.

Only recently had it escalated.

And he had always mentioned the little blind girl that he went to school with and how kind and sweet she was.

"I should go." I tell him.

With one last squeeze of my hand, he lets me go.

"I'll call you when I'm done,"

"Be careful, El."

"Always."

His car pulls off and I take a breath before walking into the facility. The entire process took about ten minutes including them having to check me up and down and getting through the doors that led through the part of the facility where they kept Ethan.

"Ms. Preston,"

"Yes?" I say turning my head in the general direction of the persons voice.

"I'm Dr. Hoss, we spoke on the phone, thank you for coming." She says shaking my hand.

After that I take her arm as she guides me through the hallways before we stop finally.

I take a breath. "This is it? He's here?"

"Yes," the doctor pauses.   "If you're not ready Elena, we can set up another date. I know how difficult and how much courage this must take from you."

I shake my head. "No, it's now or never."

"Okay, you brought the ring?"

I twist the object around my right ring finger. "Yes."

The police hadn't taken in from me after they were done with my questioning and I hadn't noticed it until Liv said something the next morning, I removed it immediately placing it somewhere, where hopefully I wouldn't have to bring it out again.

But now we're here.

"If at anytime you're uncomfortable, just let the attendant in the room know and he'll escort you out immediately."

I nod. "How is he?"

She's sighs. "Not too well, he hasn't eaten, nor taken any of his treatments since he's been back. Nor has he spoken since he stopped uttering your name."

Even with all of the things he's done he doesn't deserve to have a quality of life like that...

"Do you have macaroni and cheese, or an apple. Those are two of his favorite foods. I can get him to eat." I tell her.

"We'll see what we can get you... For now please, follow David. He'll be your attendant."

"Miss," I feel him begin to take my arm and place it around his.

I remove it. "I don't think, it would be wise for us to walk in like that... Just open the door and I'll find my way in."

"Okay Miss, but be careful there's a step."

I nod.

David opens the door for me and I place my hand out in front of me until I feel the door frame in my hands and then take a careful step down. I hear the rattling of a chair and chains as it sounds like someone is standing up.

I find the chair, the sound of it scraping the floor as I take a seat my hands in my lap.

"Elena." His voice says weakly, almost shocked.

"Ethan.

This time it was my turn to be control and hopefully I could set him free.

***

Well, this it it! Thank you for joining me on the short journey that was this story! If you have been reading since the beginning thank you for being here that long, and if you joined along the way, I still thank you for taking your time to read this. For the last time on this story don't forget to comment, vote, and share. Until the next time! ^_^/

-Flowereader230