003 | KAGEYAMA TOBIO

one shot is titled―GLAREstatus ; edited

status ; edited

The familiar sound of the sneakers getting in contact with the gym floor, the sound of the leather slapping against the skin and the countless compliments of a good serve, spike or block was heard in the gym.

"Okay, let's take a short break. Kiyoko!" Daichi called out to the dark haired manager who gave them water. The members thanked her with a bright tint on their cheeks except for Kei.

Shōyō begged his partner to toss him a couple of volleyballs but the setter refused, saying that he tossed a lot during their practice. The sunshine crossed his arms, drumming his fingers on his forehead.

"Hinataaaa!" You drawled out, tossing your sports bag beside Kōshi's.

"Can you toss me some balls?" Shōyō asked, puckering his lips and gave you one of his most cutest puppy eyes ever.

You chuckled, raising your hands up in the air. "I give up!" You surrendered quickly and Shōyō ran over to your side and gave you a couple of the balls laying down on the gym floor.

"Here I go!" He announced, jumping up to the net with his eyes shut tight tight.

You turned your head vaguely, watching him close his eyes before the you tossed the ball directly to his palms.

"Yoshaaaaa!" Shōyō raised a fist up in the air, his palms stinging in pain. He remembered to ask your opinion about the oppresive and egocentric setter. You were both famous setters in your middle school days, so he was a little curious of what you thought of Tobio as a setter.

"Hey, what do you think of Kageyama?"

The members listened carefully in your conversation. The tall middle blocker stepped forward and Tadashi noticed this as a sign that Kei was interested to know your answer.

Tobio stopped chugging down his water and placed it down the bench when he heard his name being called by none other than his partner. He was probably requesting tosses again so he turned to look at Shōyō with the most intimidating glare ever. When he saw that the two of you were talking, he sighed in relief upon knowing that the tangerine won't ask for tosses anymore.

"Hmm," you paused, drumming your fingers on your chin, "I think he's unique," you settled in an official answer.

"Why do you think so?" Yū butted in the conversation. Kōshi pulled Noya at the back of his shirt to stop his mouth from spilling any further.

"Some Kings are too egoistic, intimidating, and arrogant right? I mean Kageyama glares at a person instead of smiling," you looked over Kei, pointing a finger to him. "So I have to agree with Moonie-chan that the title, 'King' suits him."

The said king pursed his lips in a thin line, clenching his fists in order to supress his anger and lash out on you.

Kei and Tadashi snickered, looking at him. "Tsukishima! Yamaguchi! Stop it right now!" The motherly senpai scolded the two.

"I'm not finished!" You beamed while Kageyama raised a brow curiously. "I think it's cute," you added with a hint of pink on your cheeks. All of the member's jaws fell down to the ground.

Well, Yū as the libero, desperately recieved his jaw.

Kei closed his jaw, his glasses reflecting the light as he took a step forward, pushing back his glasses cooly, coming to a conclusion.

"Looks like the egocentric king found his kind queen."