1

1 6   Y E A R S   L A T E R

Jen opened her eyes, staring at her bedroom ceiling. Running her hands through her hair and resting them on her head, she sighed, remembering that she wasn't 16 anymore. She was Jennifer Kyle, 32 years old, and Sam Winchester was a very long time ago. She sat up, wriggling her toes on the hardwood floor, before standing up and making her way to the kitchen.

She stared out the window, lost in thought as her coffee machine whirred. She had dreamt about her high school crush for the past week, after pushing it to the back of her mind for 16 years. She exhaled, sipping her coffee, and pushed the memories away once again.

Sam flipped through the files he had quickly, walking into the kitchen to find his brother. "Dean," he said, not looking up from the file. "Dean?"

He earned a grunt from his brother, who had his mouth full of food. "Wha'?"

"We need to go to Lincoln," Sam stated, looking up from the file and frowning at his brother.

"Nebraska?" Dean's mouth was still full, causing his words to be muffled.

"No, the deceased president," Sam sassed. "Yes, Nebraska. There's something there, like a Djinn, but it works on memories, rather than deepest desires. I mean, it makes the person see their deepest desires from their memories."

Dean swallowed his food, staring at his little brother. "Sure, mhm, makes sense."

"Shut up, and get your keys."