2

L I N C O L N ,   N E B R A S K A

L I N C O L N , N E B R A S K A

Jen's fingers flipped through the book she was reading. It was one of her favourites, filled with mythical creatures and handsome men. But her mind couldn't focus on the story, no matter how hard she tried. There was only one thing she could think about. Sam Winchester.

It was strange, how often she thought of him after hardly remembering him at all. She sighed, closing her book and losing herself in her memories once again.

"Here, Dean," Sam said, pointing to the house in front of them. "That's the one."

His brother parked the car, opening the glove-box and handing Sam an FBI badge. "You better be sure about this, Sammy."

"I'm sure." The brothers got out, and walked to the front door. Dean knocked on the door, and Sam waited for it to open.

Jen pulled open the door, and Dean flashed her a charming smile. "Hi I'm Agent Chapman, this is my partner Agent Vause." He gestured to Sam, who was staring in disbelief. Standing in front of him was the girl he had left behind sixteen years ago. "Have you experienced anyth--"

Sam interrupted his brother. "Jen?"

Jen looked up at the tall man, lips parting in shock. "Sam," she let out.

Dean looked between the two, confused. "You two know each other?"

"We went to school together," Jen explained, letting her eyes wander over his features.

"Wait, little Jennifer Kyle?" Dean asked.

Jen nodded. "And I'm guessing you're not Agent Chapman and Vause, are you Dean?"

"What brings you back to Lincoln?" Jen asked, handing both Sam and Dean a mug of tea each.

The brothers looked at each other. "Business," they said in unison.

Jen raised her eyebrow. "What kind of business?"

The brothers were silent for a moment, before Sam finally spoke. "We hunt the supernatural."

Jen looked at Sam, before shrugging her shoulders. "Okay, cool."

"Which brings us to why we're here," Dean finally got a word in. "Right Sam?" His brother nodded as Dean continued. "Have you experienced anything out of the ordinary?"

Jen shook her head.

"Anything strange or unusual?"

She shook her head again.

"Remembered anything that you thought you had forgotten?" Sam asked.

Jen looked at him, nodding slowly. "I remember a man I had fallen for, years ago. I thought I'd pushed it all away," she paused. "But a few days ago it all came back."

"Have you been in contact with anyone new, or who looked different to anyone else?"

Jen thought it over, racking her brain for every detail. "I don't remember... I was at a party the night before the memories came back, and I was pretty tipsy..."

Dean and Sam looked at each other. They would have a long road ahead before they could crack this case.

-

dedicated to Mickey because my sweet cherry pie bubble gum honey boo hi I love you