Inspiration & Thanks

Thank you so much everyone who has read this story.  It really means a lot.  With this story I put in so much time and effort into it.  I actually had to make an outline for  chapters 17-25.  Usually I never do an outline of any sorts, but this story needed one, because it means a lot to me and I wanted it to be as good as possible.

I am very aware that a lot of things in the first part of Elodey's life (Chapters 1-13) are kind of left off with a lot of loose ends.  That wasn't exactly intentional because I wasn't planning on writing a lot of those things that happened in there and got lost.  I know that probably sounds like choppy writing, but this is only a rough draft, and I already know I will be rewriting this story. 

The inspiration for this story came from a lot of things.  Not everything came from one thing.  Elodey was inspired by a paper I had to write for my creative writing class.  The story idea itself came out of no where really.  I wanted to write a story with letters and it was originally going to be something where Alana read a letter and it somehow related to her life or helped her in someway (similar to  Thirteen Little Blue Enevelopes) but I felt like that was a plot that was done a lot, and I didn't want to do that.  So I set it up like this. 

 I had to decide was to come up with my protagonist (Elodey) because all I had written out was the prologue and that was my personal synopsis.  After I had written that paper for creative writing I fell in love with the character and decided I had to make a whole story out of them.  I was really unsure if she would fit well into this story, but I feel like she really did.  

Finally the title.  The title was inspired by the song "That I Would Be Good/Use Somebody" by Kelly Clarkson (a cover).  I really love that song and I thought it would be the best title for this story.

Now all the boring stuff is done... Onto the thanks. 

Thank you to some specific individuals (in no particular order):  Writer99/SorrowfulWoman, MeganMadness, FanningEveryone, AdorreJess, awesome_flow, daisyflowers.  You guys left such thoughtful and kind comments and have been reading this story practically from the beginning.  I really can't thank you enough for the support you showed this story <3 

Everyone else who has read, commented and voted on this story.  Thank you so much.  You all were so lovely for taking time to read this.  It really means more than any of you will ever know.  

So many emotions were put into this story.  It wasn't very light-hearted ever, but I don't think it's a type of story that has room for a lot of light-heartedness.  Thank you again for reading this story.  

I hope to see you all at my next story.

Thanks for letting me do what I love and supporting me for it.

Kaila