chapter 18

Friday, December 17th 2010

Rachel sighed as lay back down after another coughing fit. She yawned as she got herself comfortable in her bed. Rachel had been up all night with a fever. She was feeling the effect of having very little sleep. She looked at the door and saw police officers standing there. Rachel knew they wanted to question her. This was the last thing Rachel wanted to do. She thought about using her acting skills to fake being sick. She knew it wouldn't work since was sick all night. She knew this interview had to be done. The sooner it was over the better. Rachel couldn't get the awful memories out of her head.

"Who's she?" Lucas asked when he saw Mark and his brother, Josh walk in. Josh had Rachel in arms.

"She's one of the lead singers of New Directions." Mark said.

"So, why is she here?" Lucas asked, feeling very confused.

"New Directions are nothing without her." Mark said.

Rachel was squirming around, trying to get away from Josh.

"Let me go!" Rachel screamed.

Mark hit Rachel hard over the back of her head. "Shut up!"

Josh put his hand over Rachel's mouth.

"Do you have any idea of how much trouble we're going to be in?" Lucas said.

"We won't get in trouble cause no one is going to find out she's here." Mark said.

"We're going to keep her in the basement." Josh said as he opened the door to the basement.

He grabbed Rachel and dragged her down. He then pushed her onto the ground.

"You two lost it." Lucas said.

Rachel quickly got up and tried to run to the staircase. Mark grabbed her and slapped her across the face. Rachel fell backwards.

"She has friends and family who are going to come looking for her." Lucas said.

"They won't know she's here." Mark said.

"I want my dads." Rachel sobbed to herself.

"You can't always get what you want!" Josh shouted as he grabbed Rachel by her hair.

"We're just going to have some fun with her." Mark said.

Lucas rolled his eyes and went upstairs. Mark followed him.

Josh went over to the storage closet and took out duct tape.

"Just so you don't escape." He said as tied Rachel's hands to the pipes on the wall. He then put some tape over Rachel's mouth. "See you in the morning." He said. Rachel watched with tears falling from her eyes as Josh left and turned off the light.

Rachel snapped out of her memory when she saw her dads, her doctor and the police officers walk in.

"How are you feeling Rachel?" The doctor asked.

"My throat hurts but I'm okay." Rachel said.

Hiram put his hand over Rachel's forehead. "Well your fever is gone down."

"My poor little angel." Leroy said as he kissed Rachel's forehead. "Your so unfortunate. We only have you back and now your sick."

"I'm just happy I got sick after I was found." Rachel said.

"Rachel, these officers just want to ask you some questions." The doctor said. "Your dads are going to stay with you. Are you ready?"

Rachel took a deep breath and nodded.