2. Allies Possession.

Chapter 2 – Why!?

“You agreed to what?!” Patrick yelled through the phone. It was nearly nine at night, darkness had succumbed the light and Zak, Nick, and Aaron were next door – getting ready for their “lock-down” at the house next door, “Have you ever looked up the history of that house?! Ever?!” Patrick was more than annoyed with me, more than angry – Patrick was furious.

“I didn't realize it would be such a hassle.” I replied simply, “Nothing bad will happen. Zak told me he would protect me.” Patrick yelled in aggravation on the phone. I could almost see him scratching at his hair.

“Oh, He will protect you?” Patrick growled, “You should feel so protected. How the hell would you even begin to think that this.. this image preferred man-whore would protect you? I'm the only one who would protect you over something like this! I'm coming home, fuck this meeting! You will not go on this “lock-down”, if I have a say so.” I sighed softly.

“Patrick..” I began. “I don't know what will happen tonight. But can you trust me enough to go? If I get too uncomfortable I promise I'll leave.” Patrick had no signs of letting up.

“No!” Patrick argued, “You can't go! If something happens to you, as if I believe in the paranormal, you have to promise me that you will run out of that house! That house radiates in evil.”

“Patrick...” I whispered.

“Promise me you will.” Patrick demanded.

“I promise.” I whispered to him.

“I love you.” Patrick whispered back. “I have to get to this meeting before boss complains that I'm late. Bye, baby.”

“I love you too,” I hung up the phone, and then put my head in my hands. When the door had a few solid knocks on it, I slowly picked my head up and walked to the door. Zak stood there, a black T-shirt was clinging tightly to his body, a pair of black jeans, black shoes, and a big belt buckle. His hair still fresh, and a watch on his wrist. And hot damn, did this man look fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. I was taken back, and didn't say anything.

“Evening, Allie.” Zak smiled at me, “Ready to do this?”

“Uh, no. Not really.” I admitted softly, biting the inside of my lip. Zak gave me a half-smile.

“Me either,” Zak whispered, “Hey. We can do this together. C'mon.” Zak took my hand and pulled me outside. We slowly walked outside to the lawn of the house next door. Instantly I filled with fear. Patricks words ran through my mind.

“Hey, Zak?” I whispered. Zak stopped, turned around, and looked at me – waiting for my words to come out of my mouth, “Is there anything.. uh, ya'know.. terrible in this house? Something that will try to hurt us?” Zak let out a sigh, and put his hands on his hips.

“I don't know,” Zak replied. I bit my lip, and Zak cocked his head over to a plastic tent that was set over in the side of the yard, and walked us over.

Around 3 in the morning, Zak finally radioed the Visual Tech, who I learned was named “Billy”, to bring me inside the house. Billy nodded at me, and I sucked in a deep breath. “You ready?” Billy asked me. I shook my head. Billy smiled at me, “Head held high. Don't show fear. They feed off of it.” I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks.” I muttered before heading out of the “base camp”, which was basically a tent where they had set up surveillance with cameras of the house. I walked to the front of the house, feelings eyes on me. Zak opened the door, and let me in.