Prologue

dan howell was afraid.
he was in a van, it seemed, and to say the least, he was petrified. he had just been taken away from his crooked home which only brought anxiety and pain but leaving it meant leaving all the horrible memories. dan's life was full of adversities, so finally finding light meant stepping out of his comfort zone.

"are you okay, daniel?" the lady who was in the backseat with him said.
dan nodded, avoiding eye contact with the red haired female
"you're safe now. they won't hurt you again, I promise." she squeezed dan's hand for reassurance.

for the rest of the ride, dan and the lady, who's name was Margret, didn't say a word. from time to time, she would glance at dan to make sure he wasn't crying or too anxious.

dan's mind was engulfed with many thoughts and flashbacks. He remembered the time his dad first threw an alcohol bottle at him. The scar was still on the bottom of his left eye. it was permanent, dan had always thought to himself, which made the whole experience more emotionally traumatising.

as they approached the foster home, dan received a text; it was from his friend, dhris.

'hey buddy, i heard the news, hope you're doing okay.'

dan almost smiled.
dan hadn't smiled in a long time
he didn't think he was going to smile again.

// //
Hello! Thanks for reading. I'll try and update as regularly as I can because trust me, ik how it feels. Make sure to comment and vote ! I hope you're having a great day !
- Roza 🌿
// //

Therapy // phan auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें