Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Today was the day. Today was the day I, Tyler, became a Pokemon Trainer! My Mom and I have moved into this region not to long ago. I heard there was countless more Pokemon in this region and I can't wait to meet them all. I put on my clothes and I run downstairs. I am greeted by my pet, Sylveon! We nicknamed her Ribbons. Ribbons ran up to me and jumped into my arms. She began to lick me and I started to laugh. My mom then came out of her room.

"Hey Tyler! I see Ribbons has already said hello." said my mom smiling.

"Haha yeah! She's like my best friend!" I say as I begin rubbing her belly.

I put her down and walk to the kitchen to make me a bowl of cereal. I open the cabinet and see my favorite type of cereal.

"Awesome! Honey nut Combees! These are my favorite!" I say as I close the cabinet.

I open the fridge and get some Miltank Milk for my cereal. I grab the bowl and a spoon and begin to pour everything in.

"Hey Tyler, aren't you supposed to see Professor Juniper today?" Said my mom.

My eyes go wide. "Oh yeah! I almost forgot!"

I quickly eat my cereal and run outside towards the Professors lab. As I make my way there I run into my rival Joey. He and I met only a week ago and I already despise him. He acts so slick.

"Well, well. If it isn't Tyler." Joey said obnoxiously.

"Joey." I replied.

"I'm guessing you're going to go get your Pokemon from Juniper?" asked Joey.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I said.

"Because I already picked mine. Tepig come on out!" Joey yelled.

Joey's Tepig was released from its ball. Tepig then shouts,"Tepig!"

"Tepig and I are going to beat the Unova League and become the champion." Joey said arrogantly.

"Man, I wanted to pick Tepig." I said.

"Well maybe if you came earlier like I did you would've had the first pick. Anyways I'll see ya later loser." Joey said as he began to walk away.

"Err, Joey will see. I'll beat the Unova League and become the champion and prove that he's the loser." I said furiously.

I continued on my path towards Juniper's lab. I couldn't wait to meet my new friend!