A crazy turn

Chapter 2

"A crazy turn"

Marilina Seths Pov:

I opened the door to my apartment on the fourth floor of the "Crown Well Buildings". I dropped my work bag on the floor kicking off my heels. I pushed my back to the door closing it standing in silence.

That really happened? I cleared my throat shaking my head locking the door. I walked off into my living room to see on the table the mail I ignored earlier in the day. I sat down wrapping my hair up into a bun, and picked up the thick stack.

I looked through it finding bills, and work related crap that I always see. But then I saw black envelope with silver writing on the front.

"N.L"

It said on the front. I opened the envelope to pull out a card. It says:

Marilina Seths:

We are not sorry to tell you that you have a week to retrieve ten grand. If you do not have this money ready by the time "we" knock on your door we "will" take you by force. Don't even try to call the police. Were watching your every move. Oh and don't worry about "us" making a move before the week. "We" keep out word. Now can "you" do so as well?...

I dropped the letter on the floor. I know those symbols. That's a gang I saw before. One of my friends joined that gain, and after that I never saw him again.

My hands started to shake while a panic attack started to form. I got up quickly rushing towards my windows closing the curtains, and locking my top lock on my front door.

How am I supposed to make up ten grand by the end of this week? I'm trying to get by as it is. Why is it that they chose me when I'm struggling so hard.

I live in a apartment building, and all of my pay check mostly goes to bills! I sat down scratching my arm in the sign of nervousness. I'm worthless any ways. I'll just go pick up some "pills" that will end me before they can.

"Morning"

"Mam are you sure that you want these pills?" The drug store cashier asked with a concern.

I nodded my head with a sly smile as I walked out the door. I walked off to catch a can so I can go to work. Every where I turned I looked to see if there was any one watching me. Even though I can't see them I can feel their eyes on me.

I closed my eyes for a second, and then I felt my head hit a wall. Wow I'm that stupid to not pay attention to what's in front of me.

I opened my eyes to see a large muscular back. Then the owner of this back turned around to face me. My desire.

"Little kitten. Is that any way to bump into your boss?" He asked chuckling.

He's my boss?!? I've never met my boss before. Well no one has really. No wonder he knows my name. There's an answer for everything.

"I'm sorry sir." I apologized looking down at my feet.

Then I heard a click next to me. I turned quickly wide eyed to see a pen fell off a desk.

I looked back to my boss to see he looked at me with worry. Then at the prescription bag with anger. So I walked away quickly.