3.

Prologue

The art of becoming something else after death exceeds the limitations of our capability is something people ponder, periodically. For, we as humans cannot and will not give reasoning or a definitive answer to the prolonged, agonising question that shall forever outlive, even our own memory; will we become more once we greet the earth below our hollowed feet?

We shall always speculate however, as it is in our nature to do so. As we, wonder for more, crave it rather. For, most believe that this is not all life is supposed to be.

Mundane, trivial – juvenile.

Life needs more substance, more desire and passion and to become something truly worth delving into head first, then being conscious of the lack of oscillation after.

So, we assume that we get to re-do it. Get a second chance to get everything right, to fix life. It is something many desire, but is speculative at best.

Yet, what if it was reality? What if we did get the opportunity to be someone else after dying, after living a life that either did not exceed a certain age, or one full of regret and wrongful choice...

'What if?'

*

There upon the rocked mountain terrain, stands Amelia. Brunette hair billowing amongst the caw of the wind, as her clothes clutch in an unflattering manner to her damp skin. However, she does not move, only stares vacantly as the sound of a voice bleeds through the crash of the consuming waves.

"You, are not us."

It is subtle, but she hears it. It's when she knows. Definitively, that she is not, and will never be, but she once was in a different time. She was them, but now... Amelia is just that; Amelia – the girl who lived before her time, and recalls each detail. Each miniscule moment that defined her now, transformed her. Transcended her life into what is it now – chaotically blissful with an undertone of agony.

And that is where our first story begins, with her – the girl upon the cliffs edge.