twelve // a week later

Another week had come and gone, and now it was Friday again.

I was just leaving my last class when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and frowned. "Oh, hi."

Cindy's eyes knitted together. "Why do you seem so unhappy to see me?"

"Maybe because you've been ignoring me for the last week, and locked me out of our apartment, causing me to have to go and live with my older sister for the time being."

"That was a bitch move, even for me." She sighed. "I'm really sorry, Catherine. I'll make it up to you somehow."

I didn't like holding grudges, so I gave in and let her hug me. "It's fine."

"Yay!" She clapped her hands together giddily. "Any plans for tonight?"

"No, why?"

"I got you a date!"

"What?" I looked at Cindy in disbelief. "You got me a date? With who?"

"The dude in my drama class." She said. "I think his name's Casper or something. He told me he's seen you around and thinks you're quite the looker."

"Cindy, you can't be serious." I shook my head. "I don't even know this kid."

"That's the point!" She shrugged. "It's a blind date. Who knows? Maybe you two will hit it off. It's at seven. I won't be home but he's coming to pick you up. Make sure you're ready."

I sighed. "Yeah, yeah."