Taking Off! Maybe... (Pt 1)

"Mind if I sit next to you?" Shawn questioned. The whole grade was loaded onto buses, ready to head to the airport. A separate bus was to follow, carrying our suitcases.

"Umm... Sure." I replied. Wow have I spent a lot of time with him... I thought.

"Nice." Shawn answered, grinning. He sat down close to me, but didn't actually touch me.

"So... How's it going? I mean besides acting mysteriously..." I questioned sarcastically.

"I'm okay. Thanks for asking." Shawn smirked, "and yourself?"

"I'm doing fine." I laughed.

"Have I convinced you to run away yet?" Shawn teased.

"I don't know..." I taunted, "What is it with you and running away?" I watched as Shawn laughed, but I caught a glimmer of sadness in his smile. Something's not right here... I thought.

"Hey Stella!" A voice greeted. I turned and looked over.

"Hey Aubrey!" I answered, "This is Shawn."

"Hey Shawn." Aubrey welcomed.

"Oh... Hey Aubrey." Shawn replied.

"Is it okay if I sit across from you guys?" Aubrey questioned. Shawn was silent, so I spoke up.

"Yeah! Of course!" I answered cheerfully. I watched Shawn as Aubrey took her seat. His face was neutral, but I could see he didn't like her that much.

"-Aubrey... Hey!" Someone addressed.

"What's up?" She replied.

"Nothing much." the person answered.

"Here, Olivia." Aubrey said, patting her seat, "Sit next to me!" She walked over and plopped down in the seat next to her. I sighed and spoke again.

"Olivia, this is Shawn. Shawn, meet Olivia." I consulted.

"Hi!" Olivia answered.

"Hey." Shawn replied. That's odd... He was super talkative to me. Why isn't he talkative now? I thought.

"Alright." The bus announcements sputtered, "You know the general rules of the bus, so I'm not going to review them. This ride will take about forty minutes, so bear with me." Shawn and I exchanged glances, as the bus began to start. Before I knew it, we were away from school, heading to the airport.

---

"Kitten! Kitten, wake up!" Shawn called.

"Huh?" I answered, wearly.

"We're here!" Shawn said, grinning.

"We're at Washington D.C?" I asked.

"More like at the airport." Shawn chuckled.

"Oh." I said, yawning. Shawn laughed again, this time more lightly.

"Come on!" Shawn said, taking my hand. I followed him, walking off the bus.

"What time is it?" I asked. Shawn took out his phone.

"Seven thirty." Shawn answered, this time yawning. I laughed, as he rolled his eyes.

"Maybe if you keep rolling your eyes, you'll find a brain back there." I teased. Shawn chuckled, continuing to advance forward.

"Wait up!" I called. Shawn stood in place, while I jogged to meet him.