Part 2

I looked at the little box in my hands, it had no label and when I opened it was a suspicious bright orange colour. It was the last term of the year and I couldn’t stand being alone over the summer while my friends laughed around with their boyfriends.  I looked up to see where Johnny was. His muscular body was jogging towards me. It was now or never, I reopened the carton and popped in the little bendy straw. He came around the track and paused to take a break just a few meters away from me. This was perfect, like it was destiny. He would drink it and fall in love with me, and see how wonderful I was and then we’d become a couple and go out, and maybe we’d get married and have a kid or two. Ah that would be just simply perfect. Mr and Mrs Piers. I giggled at the thought.

“Hey I’m parched. You’re not using this?”  Someone said beside me. I looked up to see this guy taking a swig out of a juice box that looked strangely familiar. I looked down to my empty hand and then back up at the guy. How did he get it?

“Oh my god what are you doing! No don’t drink it, I need it!” I jumped up to try and get it but accidently knocked the last of it out of his hands.  It tumbled to the ground and emptied whatever was left. I looked to where Johnny was, he had already started running again. No, this can’t be happening; it was going to be so perfect. I glared up to the guy standing next to me, but instantly flinched.

Blaine Presnell, the scariest guy in my class. He looked like a butch emo, and was staring down at me.  Instinctively I ran. Hopefully that Dryandra chic would have an antidote.

***

“I don’t have an antidote,” she said crossing her arms leaning back in her seat.

“But you have to have one, you’re the genius,” I didn’t want scary butch emo guy chasing after me.

“Yes I am a genius,” she praised.

“Do you at least have another glass of that juice, so I can give it to the right guy,” I was desperate. I needed Johnny to fall in love with me, before butch emo guy’s love for me became common knowledge. I looked up Dryandra who shook her head.

“It was my only one, I haven’t tested it yet so it might not even work,” she replied picking up a text book.

“Really?” I asked hopeful. There was a knock at the door, I walked over to see who it was. Eek. I slammed the door and locked it. “He’s here!” I screeched. I couldn’t help but notice a smug smile creeping onto the witch’s face. “What?” I asked.

“Well as a scientist, I would take this on as a learning experience,” she called. Yep she was defiantly a witch rather than a scientist. “Who knows, you blonde might learn something.” She tossed my bag over and handed me a stack of text books.

“What are these for?” I asked.

“Well its time you helped me, go take these back to the library.” She hadn’t helped me at all.