Chapter 21: Wondering

"D-Dan...he knows where we are..." Tori is literally terrified in knowing Carter has found them. Dan looked at her and held his arms open again. She has been freaking out periodically for the past 10 minutes. He'd hold her and she would calm down but then when she walked away from him she went right back to how  she was, completely freaking out. It made Dan wonder what all Carter really had done to her. But he would probably never ask her.

 Dan held Tori in his arms and rubbed her back while she sobbed lightly. "Hey, it is all going be ok, shortcake. Its all going to be alright, he isn't going to get you or me. He isn't going to get anyone." He said calmly to her even though he was also terrified on the inside.

 This had to stop.

 Dan wasn't going to sit by and watch him drive her insane, make her always live in fear of him. She didn't deserve that. And he wasn't going to let it happen to her.

 Dan picked Tori up and carried her to the bed and gently laid her down. He walked around the bed and sat down beside her and laid her head in his lap and he stroked her hair. Dan would do anything to stop Carter from hurting Tori anymore. Although he doubted unless Carter was in jail or dead it wouldn't. He briefly wondered if he could pay him off but then remembered he wasn't even the least bit interested in the seven hundred Tori had brought him. So why would he be interested in money now?

 When Dan was sure Tori was asleep he grabbed her phone and began to text the number that had texted her earlier.

 'What can I do to make you leave her alone?' He hit send.

 There was a reply immediately.

 'Come to the warehouse and die, it will destroy her. But I won't mess with her anymore, I wont have to.'

 Dan's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe Carter had sent that. He would really do that? He can really hold a grudge. Dan thought that if he had the right weapon and he could find Carter and kill him.

 Wait, did he just really think that?

 Dan can't believe what he just thought. Would he really kill Carter? He might, if he had the chance there is a good opportunity he might take it. It would mean him and Tori wouldn't have to deal with him anymore, but the thought of killing someone is overwhelming Dan. He wouldn't do that. And he knows it, its just his anger making him think this way. He really needs to clear his head before he does something stupid.

He would die to keep Carter from hurting her anymore, but he can't do that because that would be the worst thing for her. So what is he supposed to do? Dan just wishes more than anything that Carter would just leave.

But he knows he never will until he is killed.

Then his little henchmen will come, but that will be just as bad. Is there really anything that can be done?

Dan snaps out of the rambling in his head when Tori waves her hand by his face.

"Dan?" She asked him. Dan shook his head and smiles at her. She gave him a worried look but he shrugged.

"What was that about?" She asked him. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." He told her.

"You know I will." She tells him. She was wondering what he was thinking about. If it wasn't important he wouldn't have completely zoned out.

"Tori, its fine, don't worry about it." He smiled at her. "Lets just go do something fun and forget about all this for today." Dan told her.

 "Ok, Dan.." Tori said to him. She smiled lightly. "What was you planning on doing?" She asked him.

 Dan smiled widely at her. "We can go out to town with the guys and when we get back I was thinking we could just cuddle up and put on Twin peaks with a ton of popcorn and soda?" Dan asked while shrugging a bit.