Chapter 28

WARNING VIOLENCE! WARNING VIOLENCE!
----

I open my eyes, and brace myself for pain, but none comes. The boy stands frozen in the corner of the mat, his eyes darting back and fourth.

"You shouldn't be afraid of me you know." I whisper.

He shakes his head, and winces, expecting me to hit him. I don't. He turns my way, confused and afraid. Until his eyes narrow. A crazy, wild smirk, spreads across his face. I instantly knew I shouldn't have trusted him.

First I feel the impact in my jaw. I scream, and pull away from the boys kicking leg. He throws a punch, and I duck past it. I grab his wrist and twist. He sails to the ground, and screams. I jump over him, kicking him in the gut once. These people have turned me into the monster I'm not.

He stands up, holding his stomach. His eyes gleam with unshed tears. He runs up to me and lifts his leg to kick me. I slide under, and stand. In shock, he stands completely still. I charge at him, wrap my arm around his stomach and drop him to the ground. He hits his head, and doubles over. He kicks up and hits me straight in the face. I stifle a scream, and he kicks me once more.

I can tell my nose is bleeding, and my jaw is already bruised. I tackle the boy, and punch him over and over as I cry.

"I give up." He says, his lips cracked and face bloody.

I stand up, and wipe my face. I put on a brave face again, and step off the mat. My nose bleeds, and hold my hand over it. Blood drips between the cracks in my hands, and fall to the ground in small drops.