Chapter Six

Sorry for not updating in forever! I am a terrible person. More than a month.. and it's summer.. Anyways.. Thank you all so much for reading, and for all the comments and votes!! It means the world to me that people are enjoying this. Hope you continue to enjoy! :D

What would happen if I just slept in for three more hours?

What time is it?

I groaned, refusing to open my eyes. I could tell once I did, I'd regret it.

Stupid sun.

I sighed, rolling over on my other side, away from the window. Feeling for my phone, I squinted open an eye, and found it a centimeter away from my fingertips.

Pressing the power button, with the brightness set on full power, I found out the time. It was 8:05. I blame school for my inability to sleep in. Even though I've been out for a while.

Do I smell pancakes?

"So, you're finally awake?" I turned around and saw Josh in the kitchen.

"What are you making?" I asked, putting my chin on my hand and my hand over the couch back.

"Waffles." He said as he walked around the kitchen, grabbing some strawberries and rasberries from the fridge.

Curses. I wanted pancakes.

"Cool." I jumped out of the blankets and made my way over to the island, taking a seat in one of his red and steel stools. It may not be exactly what I wanted, but it was food. I would be happy with anything, honestly.

As long as it was edible.

Watching him walk around the kitchen, I got to thinking. "Hey, I'm supposed to call that guy, right?" He nodded, taking a waffle out of it's maker.

"Here, call him now." He said, pulling a silver cased phone out of his pocket and sliding it my way.

"I'm guessing it's 'Director Dave'?" He nodded. "That's him." Taking off another waffle, he went off to the fridge again to grab something. Grabbing my phone and copying in the number, I tired not to look at the food, now next to a bottle of syrup.

"Hello?" A voice from the other side of the line called out. "Hey, this is Alex. Josh told me to call you about a job?" I asked, getting up from my stool to look for May. She wasn't on the couch when I woke up, surprisingly.

"Oh, yeah, Alex. You free around 12:40?" I could hear a bunch of noise in the background. Sounded hectic.

"Yeah, I'm free then." I responded as I flipped over a pillow, just incase I covered her.

"Are you sure? 'Cause I'm only free then. So if you're not in T.G.I Friday's by 11:30, you lose the job. I don't have time to deal with anything besides this movie right now. We're running behind, and I can't be running behind on this film. God dammit, Barbara, if you can't get that.. Makeup right, you're.. fired!" I could hear him yelling at someone, I'm guessing Barbara, but only fragments of it. I'm guessing that was for the best.

"So, you can for sure meet at 2:40?" He asked, getting back to me.

"I thought it was 12:40?"

"Oh, right, make that 2:30. Okay? 2:30. See you at Dave and Buster's, kid." And then the line went dead. At least the place hadn't changed.

"Is he always like this?" I asked, pointing at my phone.

Josh smirked. "Why do you think he's gone through so many assistants?" I'm doomed.

--

"Well , you managed to get to the right place at the right time, I guess." Dave said as he walked up to me in front of the entrance of T.G.I Fridays.

Lucky I chose Friday's instead of D&B.

"Well, come on in, we don't have all day." He opened up a door and gestured me in. He seemed fun. The guy had a messy, brown mop of hair on his head and obviously hadn't shaved for a while. He sported a black shirt with a gray jacket, and some slightly ripped jeans- most likely not bought like that. They seemed kind of old.

"Alright, so, where do you hail from?" He was kind of sarcastic, not that I minded. We made our way into the restaurant and sat at an empty table.

Don't we have to be seated by a server? Or am I totally wrong?

A pretty blonde waitress walked up to our table seconds later, and gave us some menus and asked what we wanted to drink. "I'll take an iced tea." Dave muttered, starting to look over the menu. "I'll just take a water." I smiled up to her and she smiled back.

"Anyways, get on with it." He talked with his hands, signaling for me to continue. "I'm from Maine." I got out quickly. This's been simple enough.

"Do you have any experience working on a set?" He asked, taking a sip of iced tea seconds after it hit the table.

"In high school, I worked on the sets of all our plays, and-"

"Which plays were they?"

"Alice in Wonderland, Romeo and Juliet, The Crucible-"

"Okay, so you have experience. You've gone to college, right?"

This guy has a serious problem with cutting people off.

"Yeah, I went too-"

"Alright, so you've gone to college, have experience, and got recommended by people I've worked with before. You got the job. Be ready for my call tomorrow or the day after. I gotta go, see you soon."

He cut me off yet again, and rushed away after checking his phone and answering a call. Leaving me with an untouched water and a half drank iced tea.

Huh.

I don't know what to think.

Maybe I should of thought about this a little more.

I could've told him to pay for his own drink.

---

So, after weeks upon weeks.. I've returned.

Sorry, a close family friend just recently died and my whole family hasn't been feeling all that great.

He's in a better place now though.

Thanks so much for all the views and votes and comments, they mean the world to me :)

And sorry this is going so slow... Once we get on the set it'll get more interesting :)

See ya next time~!

Ps, sorry if there's any spelling or grammatical errors.. I wrote a bunch of this before and wrote a bit tonight without really checking. Thanks again~