Time Flies

the hours quickly pass by, the guys have been cooking in the kitchen all sorts of curry dishes; biryani, korma, madras, with bhaji's samosas naan bread and rice, I loved watching men being all domestic!

We was chatting the whole time, I learnt we was all roughly the same age and wanted the same things out of life and we loved animals.
I learnt how they met each other and their friends, who would be coming later.

They weren't close with their parents due to the whole boarding school thing, but are very close with their old headmistress, Ms Wright who was like a grandmother to the both of them, and helped patch them up after fights so they wouldn't get into too much trouble.

They were owners of a huge architect firm and designed many of the buildings around town.

There's a knock at the door and Matt goes to open it, in walk his friends- Will I've already met when he brought so many clothes over, Max, Godfrey who I recognise as the gentleman behind the club bar and Alex the club owner who I learn are in a relationship with each other.

They all give me a little peck on my cheek and say how nice it is to meet their mates lady, after they've been raving on about me the last couple of days, making my eyes go wide and just look at them shocked.

The door goes again and it's Hazel and Esmay, they come running over and the three of us hug together for a while, they pull away and are shocked at my face, brushing my hair behind my ear to get a better look.
Giving me a sympathetic smile, they look in Matt and Henry's direction, walking over and giving each of them a big hug

"Thank you so much for what you've done"

"We dread to think, if you hadn't have been there"

"And for everything you've done since, you must be special if our Anna trusts you"

Obviously raising a few questions in the men's mind but they don't push on the subject, just smile at me and proceed to introduce their friends.

And as predicted Hazel's eyes grow wide when she sees Will, after giving him a kiss on his cheek she held onto his hand for longer than anyone else making it slightly obvious she was interested- typical Hazel, I loved her confidence in going for what she wanted.

What I didn't expect was how Max was staring at Esmay, of course she's gorgeous and can have her pick of men and she certainly got his attention. Which actually made me quite happy and hoped feelings were reciprocated all around.

Hours went by without even noticing everyone was chatting and laughing, drinking, talking about themselves and what things they've been up to lately.

Then a bomb hits me when Hazel pipes up
"Have you called Jasmine and Levi yet?"

The room goes dead silent as she realises what she said, and pulls a shocked face as if to say 'I'm so sorry I didn't mean to'

Everyone starts to look in my direction as the question was now obviously directed at me

"No" I simply say before getting up and going to the kitchen. This was not the time to talk about it, I hadn't even told them I had children, I mean it's not like the subject has come up! I didn't know what to do or say I was a pretty closed book and kept it that way and I think they already realised that. I just stand there for a while at the kitchen sink before the girls come out followed by Henry and Matt,

"Are you ok? I didn't mean to drop you in it"

"It's ok, their still abroad for a few weeks and the reception isn't great. How's your night so far?"
Quickly changing the subject letting them all know to just drop it.

"Great thank you, this is a lovely home and we have lovely company to enjoy it with" smiling to ease the tension

"Well we better back to them" I walk back to where everyone is, looking up at my men and giving them a slight smile as I pass.
The evening carries on without further hiccup, Godfrey and Alex leave first they have to get business open as usual the next day.

Then Will and Max leave, but not before Hazel passes on her number to Will of course, and not before Max gets in a kiss goodnight with Esmay!!

The girls stay for a while longer laughing and chatting about how things are looking up, before they decide its late enough

"Well call tomorrow Anna, after you've had some rest of course"

"Ok, thanks for coming"

Giving the girls a big hug Hazel reaches in her bag for her car keys

"Your not driving, you've had a drink. I'll call a taxi for you......."

My friends know better by now than to argue with me on the subject, so just nod as I head for the phone.

We say our goodbyes and promise to call every day as always, and go for coffee when I'm more up to it