Chapter 19

My Mate is an Angel!?

Chapter 19

Emily's P.O.V.

(four months later)

Kim and I are both four months along and sticking together like glue just to get our mates crazy about us not spending enough time with them.

We laugh when one of us has a mood swing and their mate goes scrambling about to make them happy.

Once they had even smacked into a wall just to make one of us laugh so the other one would too.

It is so much fun bossing them around because there the ones that gave you the mood swing in the first place.

Right now Kim is ranting about wanting ice cream as we are supposed to be getting our wedding plans ready for tomorrow.

Now that I think about it I really loved that one memory of the four of us spilling our hearts out to each other.

Kim had even told Derek and Jess about her story.

[four months ago]

Derek had asked Kim to marry him just after Jess and I told them about my pregnancy.

Jess and Derek had walked out of the room while me and Kim were crying happy tears about becoming mothers.

They talked about proposing to us soon.

While we were acting like we couldn't hear them over our tears we listened in and whispered to each other about planning our weddings.

Once they came back in we did a whole sob act making it look like we hadn't heard a word of what they said.

Jess and Derek got on one of their knees and smiled at us.

Kim and I separated and looked longingly to our mates.

They pulled out rings simultaneously and Derek asked Kim, "Will you Kim Stardom, be my wife?"

I seriously thought Kim would rocket through the ceiling if she held in her exploding joy in.

When she did answer she told him, "Your kidding right? Of course I'll be your wife! You don't even have to ask. If my father was here all you would need to do is gain his trust. To get my father's approval for marriage that is. Heck, that's exactly how my father gave me away to a man who wanted to marry me. The man I married back in the 1027 got my father's approval after three years. I had died because of a terrible sickness. He had really cared for me, and I for him. The thing is I did not want to marry him though I had because he had my father's trust. I had died after only five months of marriage with him. But I'll never forget how kind and gentle he was. His name was Shao Yong. He was a poet."

She tells us her story and smiles at Derek.

"He may have been my first husband. But you are my soulmate. When I die again, I will die happily along side you." she tells him before kissing his lips.

They look towards us expectantly before sitting down and acting like we're going to take all day.

Jess smiles up at me and says, "Will you Emily Blunt, marry me and become my wife. So I may always have you in my arms."

I laugh and answer, "Yes. I will be yours. So I may be in your arms forever until we both shall die."

He stands and kisses me good and long while wrapping his arms around my waist.

Clapping sounds from the other side of the room.

We ignore it and continue kissing.

Derek huffs at us before turning to Kim and lifting her up in his arms and carrying her out of the room.

Jess breaks our kiss to laugh and smile down at me.

He leans his head against mine and never stops smiling.

He whispers so softly I can barely hear it, "We're going to be parents and soon we will be a complete family."

"We will won't we?" I reply in the same whisper.

"Yes." he tells me before we start kissing again.

[present now]

God I love that memory.

But one of the other great memories is when the doctor had told me that the baby was a boy.

[one week ago...]