Chapter one

Henri soon left after playing the role of cupid. My friend for three monthsm gave up the most beautiful and worthy to be a wife for me to marry her. I don't underestimate Henri but it surely took me by surprise when he grabbed Eadlyn, walked down the aisle and gave me her hand. Thinking that it as just too good to be true, I refused. Knowing Henri, this is one of the things he would do.

As soon as I realized it's really happening, tears threatened to spill and my heart beat incredulously fast that I can feel it in my head. And like the selfish person I am, my heart inflated with dangerous hope. Hope that'll be me waiting for Eadlyn at the end of the aisle.

And that's exactly what happened yesterday.

Looking at her now, my heart swelled with love.

"Come on! We've got to see the Eiffel Tower!" i said, my voice thick with excitement.

"It's just a mere structure, I don't think there's anything special about it," she said, groaning.

Concern washes my excitement off entirely.

"Are you okay? I asked, walking towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I just have jet lag." she responded

"Come here," i grabbed her hand while i keep one arm around her waist, guiding her to the bed.

I gently sat her down on the bed, then pulled the blanket up to her neck. I kissed her forehead.

"You better sleep, Eady." I swept her hair back from her face. Looking closely, I can faintly see freckles scattered on her nose and cheeks. I wish I have my father-in-laws's camera so I take a picture of her adorable freckles. I yawned then went to bed with her. Then, I put one arm to her waist, hugging her as I slowly fell asleep.