Lela May sighed as she typed in the address to her favorite Harry Potter website, Pottermore. Tomorrow was, July 1, 2012, her twelfth birthday and she still hadn't gotten her acceptance letter into Hogwarts. She knew of course Hogwarts was imaginary, but all the same a girl can hope, right? She had been holding off until she got her acceptance letter to do this but since it seemed like it would never come she decided to do it now, her Sorting House Test. As she clicked the button she hoped beyond hoped that she would get Gryffindor, or at least Ravenclaw. Actually she just wanted any house other than Slytherin. They scared her. Actually scared is not the right word, she reasoned, more like annoyed.

   She went through the quiz with relative ease, that is, until it came to the pet question. Lela knew she didn't want a toad, toads are rather nasty, she thought. Neither did she want an owl, although they were quite gorgeous animals owl's were loud and nasty to clean up after. But when she looked at the choices for cats there were too many choices. They had every color cat as a choice and in the end she chose Tabby because tabby's were multiple colors and had beautiful patterns on their coats.

    After submitting the quiz Lela had to wait for a bit, the internet was taking a while to process her information. So Lela stood up and stretched, looking at her screen from the corner of her eye. She sighed and turned away, flopping on her bed and stared at the computer from there. "A watched pot never boils." Lela thought to herself.

    Finally after what seemed like forever a message popped up on her screen. She jumped off her bed and ran to the computer. What she saw made her frown. The pop-up add was not her results but rather an envelope. She wondered briefly if this was a new feature they added to the website. She clicked the envelope and it opened up revealing a scroll which read:

HOGWARTSSCHOOLof WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. May,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTSSCHOOLof WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)