Chapter 2

I've been busy lately, and that's why I haven't been updating. my bad. Please, this is unedited so no hate. I've kind of have writers block, so if this chapter sucks, I am sorry.

Chapter 2

Anna's P.O.V

I was awakened by the sound of screaming coming from downstairs. It was no other than my parents. Lovely. I could tell this day was going to be just fantastic. (Note the sarcasm). I looked over at my clock on the night stand. 5:45 A.M. Well, I needed to get up in 15 minutes anyways. Since, I couldn't fall back asleep, I snuggled deeper into the warmth of my blankets. When I'm upset or depressed, my bed makes me feel like I'm safe. Safe from everything and anything. Weird huh? I should probably be getting up and into the shower, before I'm late for school. I pushed the blankets off and scooted to the end of the bed. I stood up and instantly felt a stinging pain on my thighs. I looked down and remembered what happened the night before. "Great" I sighed. I lumbered my way into the bathroom and managed to strip my clothes and hop into the shower. The water trailed down my face, back, and then hit my thighs. I gasped silently and moved out of the way of the stream. The cuts stung more in the shower than anything. Oh well, I don't regret what I did. It helped at the time. I let myself get lost in my thoughts as I continued to shower.

After I was finished I hopped out and towel dried off. I looked at myself in the mirror. Gosh, I looked rough. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was knotty. As I studied my features in the mirror, I came to the conclusion that I didn't have a bad body. I'm about 5'5", the average height. I weighed approximately 120 lbs. I had thick, naturally straight brown hair that stopped right about at my middle back. My face was your average oval/circle type structure. I had these big brown puppy dog eyes, and I hardly ever needed to wear makeup. The only makeup I wore was cover up and mascara. I guess you could say I was average. And personally, I was okay with that.

After I threw on some sweatpants and a t-shirt, I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I walked to school this morning, just because it was peaceful, and the school was a block up the road No biggie. As soon as I got to school, I was greeted by, you guessed it. No one. My 'friends' if you could even call them that, wouldn't be here until right before the bell rang. I just liked getting to school early, I guess.

The first 5 school periods went by in a blur. Before I knew it, I was down in the girl's locker room changing for gym class. Yippee. Only not really. Gym sucks majorly. Not kidding. All us girls headed out onto the track to do our warm up laps. I started out jogging, and not soon after I started my thighs started to burn again. Jesus, these damn cuts. I had to be careful not to let my shorts ride up, or else people would see. And I wasn't quite ready for everyone to find out. I would never be ready for anyone to find out.

Right after gym, the rest of the school day flew past in a blur. I was now walking home from school. It was nice out. Not too hot, not too cold. Just comfortable. When I got home I noticed something strange. In our driveway was a huge moving van. I ran inside and into the kitchen where I knew my mother would be. My father wasn't home yet, so it was just the two of us.

"Mom?" I questioned.

"Yeah, sweetie." she responded causally.

"What's with the moving van outside?"

"Oh, that. Well. This is kind of sudden, and your father doesn't know, but I'm sick of the way he's been treating me. Sick of the way he's been treating you, us. I'm done. I can't take it anymore. So, we're leaving. And I don't care what he has to say. We're leaving before he gets home tonight. I already have your bedroom packed and in the van. I left you a pair of clothes to change into though." she explained. I was honestly shocked. Utterly. Entirely. I didn't know what to say, so I just teared up and engulfed her into a huge hug. I have been wishing for the day that this would happen. I was over joyed! I get to start over, in a new town, with new people! This would be so exciting! Only, I didn't know where we were moving to...

"Mom, where are we moving to?"

"We're going to California." and with that, she went back to whatever she was doing. Leaving me standing in the kitchen with my mouth hung open. California. We were moving to California. It couldn't get any better than this.. Could it? One could only hope.

Okay! so that was chapter 2! whatcha think? If you like it so far, comment, follow, and vote!