escape

We all had our hands tied behind our backs. Kelly was incredibly pale and Fabian was pacing back and forth much to my annoyance. Kelly moaned in pain and slumped against a wall. Fabian looked up and realised that I was awake "Hi laurel." he beamed at me. I smiled back. "Hi. Aren’t you supposed to be outside the cell helping me and Kelly escape?" 

He gave me a sad smile. "Yeah but last time I got caught and they threw me in here until they decide what to do with me." I looked down at me feet. "Oh" I stated. I looked over at Kelly and asked "Is she okay?" Fabian shrugged. "I'm really not sure. She's better than she was. She was thrown in here about 3 hours ago. She was vomiting and shaking violently. She's better. I really wish I knew how to help her." 

He sighed sadly. I walked over to her and kneelt down beside her. I lightly touched her shoulder. She looked up at me. "I'm.... I'm fi...fine." She stammered. "No your not." She nodded. "So you do observe." She stated. I smiled. She kept talking. "You... you... ca..,..can... help....me." She stuttered. I shook my head sadly. "No. I can’t." 

"No... no … you can. Magic. You. Heal." She was murmuring now. I sighed "Magic?" She nodded. "Yes. You have it. Fabian does to. His powers can’t help me but yours can." I sighed loudly. "I don't have magic. Magic isn't real." Fabian turned around. "Laurel. It's true. Magic is real. Imagine her better then watch it take affect." 

I gave in and shut my eyes. I imagined the sickness leaving Kelly and her becoming better. When I opened my eyes my headache had grown much worse. Kelly was now sanding up holding a knife. She quickly and quietly sliced through the door. "If we don't leave now we won’t have another chance." 

I felt uneasy as I slowly walked towards the door. Fabian saw it and went over to help me. I rested my arm on his shoulder using it as support. My head felt like it had been sliced open. I followed Fabian out. Kelly was bounding down the hallway with me and Fabian following. Kelly abruptly stopped. She turned towards us with a look of pure horror on her face. 

Standing behind her were the angels. "Hello again." Me and Fabian sighed. Maddie was stark white. She kept looking at her pocket as if unsure on what to do. She looked back at us and said "Guys, I'm sorry. I just can't do this. Any of it. I...I...." I walked up to her and put my hand reassuringly on her shoulder. "Its okay Kelly. We're here for you."  

She shook her head. "No. Just no. I need to do this. I need to..... I'm sorry Laurel." She pulled out a knife and stabbed one of the angels before quickly running off. We ran after her but she was too fast. We had the angels on our tail. Pretty soon we'd have to stop. My pain had gone away as we ran after Kelly.  

By some miracle we caught up with her. She'd fallen flat on her face and was struggling to push herself up. She was weak. I moved to help her but my movements were agonisingly slow. Fabian simply put a hand on me and said "Laurel she can get up. You don't need to help. Its hard to explain but the angels will be unaffected we have to move."

They was a loud clattering behind us. "NOW!" He shouted urgently. Kelly pushed herself up and ran off closely followed by us. That is until an angel grabbed me from behind and wouldn't let go.