Chapter 43

"Boss!” Luna appeared in front of her, looking rather panic.

“Luna!” Vyera was surprised by her sudden appearance too, just like other members there, “What’s wrong?” She asked immediately seeing her panic face.

“Sorry but I will need you to go back with me to HQ now. The council is coming for inspection. In fact, they are already there.” She said.

“Damn it… They always know when to come.” Vyera cursed, “Sorry guys, I will leave the Mest guy to you. Update me and good luck.” She said and exchange looks with Gray, Lucy and Erza. She turned back, “Let’s go Luna.”

Luna grabbed Vye’s hand and they immediately teleported, leaving no trace of being there at all.

In no time, after a second of blurring vision, the next thing that Vyera saw was the interior of her own room in the HQ, “Hey, hey, hey, you must teach me how to do this teleportation thing. It’s super awesome.” Vye said to Luna in awe.

“If we survive this inspection, that is.”

“You said it. Don’t go back on your words.” Vye said, “Fill me in so I can follow through the story.”

Luna told her that when they were training at the garden of the HQ, the council inspection team, including one of the Council members, appeared in front of the gate. Pretty much, everyone was stunned. Furthermore it was during Vye’s absence. Luckily, Clave and Zack were fast enough to come up with some excuses to stall time. The gate was locked by magic and only Vye could open it. Kamui then ran in to inform Luna and she immediately teleported to get Vye.

“That’s basically it.” Luna concluded when they were reaching the front door, “Well… it’s a good thing that you decided to put up a barrier. Thanks to that, we can use the locked gate story to bluff them.” The barrier was to prevent anyone else except the 7 of them to come in. When Gray came, Vyera immediately thought of this method to prevent any surprise attacks. Guess it was a good decision.

"Better be safe than sorry." Vye said and stopped at the front door. Vye asked Luna again, "What did you tell them what I was doing?"

"Rena told them you were preparing some training in your room. I think that's all."

"Great. Pretend you still hate me. Gain their favor. It will be easier to collect information later on." Vyera said.

"You are not afraid I might betray you?" Luna asked.

"Why should I?" Vyera said confidently, "Your oath to me the other day is all I need."

Luna looked at her in amazement. How could she trust her so much when they only knew each other for 2 months or maybe less since she was avoiding her all the time. Was this the wisdom of a powerful mage who earned herself so many titles at her young age? Or was it the experience that she had that made her so confident of her own instinct?

"Ready to roll, Luna?" Vyera asked.

Smiling, Luna answered, "Whenever you are, Boss."

Vyera then opened the door and walked towards the gate where her subordinates and the unwanted guests waited at. Seeing their annoyed faces made Vyera smiled. She loved to cause troubles for them. The Fairy Tail blood was flowing in her veins.

"Well, well... Isn't the mighty miss Gaia love to make people wait for so long?" said the old Council member who was leading the group. His face was annoying.

"I would prepare a welcome feast if you have informed me beforehand. However, if next time you don't mind me wearing a towel with dripping water to greet you, it won't take such a long time to come down." Vyera said while smirking. This drove the Council member's face even redder while all the rascals behind her tried their best to hold back laughter. Luna tried her best to maintain straight face as ordered.