Chapter 9

It was finally Friday. I was so happy because it was finally the day when I go on that date with Max. I was getting ready for my date. We were going on a picnic in the park. My dad was helping me a little by telling me how good I look. I was a navy blue short dress from Abercrombie and Fitch with a beanie. I put on my black converses. I put on natural make-up. "You look absolutely beautiful." My dad said.

There was a knock at the door. I went down stairs. I then to open the door. My dad was behind to see who this Max was. When I opened it he was right there. "Wow. You look gorgeous Hope." Max told me. I started to the butterflies appearing in my stomach. "Thank you. You look very handsome as well. Are you ready to go?" I asked starting to blush.

My dad instantly yelled, "Not with him." My dad pushed me out of the way and looked at Max dead in the eye. "Why not dad?" I asked him. "This guy is a shoplifter. A thief." he yelled. "I'm not having you date a thief." He screamed and slammed the door closed. "I have seen that guy in the police station so many times that he should be in jail for life." He said. I ran up to my room and locked my door. I couldn't believe my dad did that because now my crush feeling has turned into my really liking.