Should of knocked

I woke up to the smell of pancakes, Julie or Tyler must be making some breakfast. I breathed in deeply  remembering that Daniel is still in a coma and I'm living in a foster family now. My life has changed and It will never be the same. The pain of losing my mum and John is still here, It will never go away. Will things ever get easier? 

"Good morning Jess!" Julie said as I walked downstairs, still in my pj's. 

"Hi." I said quietly.

"I was just making some pancakes, did you want some?" She offered. 

"Sure. Thanks." I said taking a seat on the couch.

Tyler came down the stairs looking like he was in a rush but when he saw me he smiled and came to sit down next to me. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked nicely.

"Been better." I replied.

"Things will get easier you know. I understand how you feel." 

"How can you possibly understand how I feel? Have you ever lost a parent?" I asked angrily.

Tyler looked directly at me and all of a sudden his happy expression changed to sad in a matter of seconds.

"Jess my dad died when I was 10." 

Oh crap. Jess your such an idiot!

"Oh my god Tyler, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I'm sorry." I said as tears started to build up in my eyes.

"Don't be. You didn't know." Tyler said forcing a little smile.

"I think I'll take a miss on those pancakes today Julie, I'm gonna go shower and head to the hospital to see Daniel." I said as I got up from the couch. 

"Oh alright hun." 

I walked upstairs and proceeded to have a shower and get ready.

-----

It was around 11:00am and I was now at the hospital. 

As I walked inside a sense of sadness washed over me, I can't believe I have to come here and just look at my boyfriend lying on a hospital bed, wondering when he will wake up. If he will wake up. I walked up to the front desk and a nurse smiled at me.

"Hi can I help you with anything today?" 

"Hi yes, I was just wondering which room Daniel Corby was in?" I asked politely. 

"Oh yes, he was moved this morning. He is in room 39 on level 2." 

"Thank you." I said smiling and walking towards the elevators. 

-----

As I found room 39 I slowly opened the door. I walked inside and took a deep breath. 

"Jess!" Nathan said running towards me.

"Oh god Nathan your gonna suffocate me." I said laughing as I tried to hug him back.

"How are you? How is the foster home?" He asked. 

"I'm doing okay and the foster home is lovely, they are really nice people Julie and Tyler and the house is stunning." 

"Great!"

"Has um, anything changed?" I asked quietly as I walked towards Daniel's bed. 

I bent down and kissed Daniel's forehead and then sat down on the chair next to his bed.

"No change yet. I've just been watching him and talking to him you know, hoping he'll come back to us." Nathan said sadly.

"Listen Nathan, Daniel is a strong person, he will come back. He's going to be fine." I said reassuring him.

Nathan looked up and smiled at me. 

"I'm going to go get a coffee, did you want one?" Nathan asked.

"Sure." 

As Nathan was out of the room I decided to use this opportunity to talk to Daniel, I hope he can actually hear me. 

"Baby, It's me. Jess. I've been so lonely without you. My mum and John are dead, I'm in a foster home." I said starting to cry. 

"I'm a mess without you, I love you so much Daniel I just want you back." I said wiping tears from my cheeks. 

The door slowly opened and I saw Nathan staring at me with empathy. He put the coffee's down and walked towards me. I stood up and Nathan pulled me into a tight hug.

"Jess you can cry you know, you can break down in front of me. I'll support you, I'm always here. You are like a sister to me and I love you. Just let it all out, okay?" Nathan whispered. 

"I love you too." I said still crying.

-----

I opened my eyes and the room was dark, I obviously fell asleep and I've been asleep nearly all day. I got my phone from the side table and the time read 7:15pm. I must of been hella tired. 

"Nathan." I whispered.

"Nathan." 

"NATHAN!" I yelled. 

"What what?! Daniel?!" Nathan said as he jerked awake. 

"No no, It's me, It's Jess. Sorry." 

"Oh." Nathan said sinking back into his chair.

"I've been asleep all day?" I asked surprised. 

"Yeah, you fell asleep after you had a good cry, I didn't wake you because I thought you might need the rest." 

"Yeah, I did. I haven't slept properly in days. Every time I close my eyes I see my mum on the floor. Dead." 

"I'm so sorry Jess. I wish you didn't have to go through this." 

"I know, me too. But what can we do? We can only hope and pray that Daniel wakes up comes back to us." I said smiling. 

"I think he will. He can't just leave you, or me. He loves us too much." 

"Exactly. Don't worry, once he's back we will smother him with love." I said laughing. 

Nathan laughed.

"I should get going, I'll be back in 2 days. Tomorrow I'm just gonna stay with Julie, get to know her a bit more. I'll call you though." 

"No worries Jess." Nathan said getting up.

I hugged Nathan goodbye and walked out of the room. 

-----

"I'm back." I said as I got inside the house. 

There was no answer.

Julie must be out, but Tyler's car is in the driveway and so is another car. 

I put my bag down on the kitchen bench and started to walk upstairs. 

"Tyler? Julie?" 

Still no answer. I couldn't hear anything but when I got upstairs I could hear something and It wasn't something I would particularly like to hear.  

I walked to Tyler's door and opened it.

What I saw next was seriously not what I had expected. 

"TYLER WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled as I covered my eyes. 

Yep, you guessed it. Tyler was having sex, with who I'm hoping is his girlfriend and not some random girl.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK?!" 

"I'M SORRY!" I said as I quickly ran out of the room and shut the door. 

Far out, that is not something I like coming home to.

-----

OMG GUYS! I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while but school has been super busy and I've been loaded with homework and assignments! :( 

I hope you liked this chapter though.

Please please comment and vote, your feedback means a lot to me.

Don't be a silent reader! :) 

xx Jess