☾two ☾

Edward ran towards Bella and his sister after he had heard Jacob's thoughts.

This cannot be happening. I have not imprinted on a vampire. That is not possible.

Edward heard his thoughts clearly. From Jacob's description, he knew exactly who this girl he imprinted on was. He was enraged with anger that he completely forgotten about all the humans in the party.

The moment Edward spotted the werewolf, the bronzed-haired vampire could not contain himself. He went straight out and pushed Jacob fiercely, making Jacob more angry. The both of them pushed each other before Bella came rushing through to put a stop into them.

"Hey, hey, hey" She put her arms between Edward and Jacob not sure why they are putting up a big scene

"Hey, hey, hey" She put her arms between Edward and Jacob not sure why they are putting up a big scene. "What's going on?"

"This... this mutt just imprinted on Bailey." Edward exclaimed, clearly angry.

So that was her name. Jacob sparked up at the mention of his imprint.

Bailey.

But his own consience pulled him back to reality. She was a vampire. She wasn't right for him. It didn't make any sense. Who was she anyway?

"Don't you dare come near her again?! You've taken a liking to Bella and now, my sister!" Edward could not believe it.

Out of everyone in the world, why did have to be Jacob. Why was his little sister's mate a werewolf. And to make it worst, Jacob. He had taken a liking to Bella and now, Bailey. What was this?

Edward was so caught up in his own thoughts that he didn't feel Bailey's presence in the yard. He stayed still, looking straight at Jacob until Bailey tapped his shoulder.

"Edward, what in the world is going on?" Bailey was lost. It was like the whole family knew something she didn't. And this fight was a part of something she didn't know.

Jacob turned away from Edward right away, looking at his imprint. She was so beautiful. If only she wasn't a vampire. He was hypnotised and strongly pulled into her for some reason no matter how hard he tried to ignore it.

"This dog... he imprinted on you." Edward said through gritted teeth.

Bailey just stared not understanding anything that was happening. One moment she was in a party with humans and suddenly, she was outside facing her brother who is suddenly angry at a boy. She never expected this boy to be another mystical creature.

"Did you think I want this? To imprint on a leech. To have to think about her and be forced to spend my whole life with her. I'd probably rather die." Jacob felt guilty the moment the words came out because Bailey's cheerful face turned into a frown in a matter of seconds before he felt like his heart was been punched.

"Edward. What is he talking about?" Bailey was nowhere near happy now. She was beyond confused and hurt. A random boy who she barely knew is picking a fight with her brother and insulting her. Her unbeating heart was slightly pained.

"We'll discuss this later." Edward's angry face turned into a concerned one. "Alice just had a vision."

☾☾☾

The Cullens and the pack headed back to  the room to discuss with Alice about her vision.

"Alice, what did you see?" They knew Alice's vision was not good news from her expression.

"The decision's been made." She exclaimed in surprise. "We're not going to Seattle. They're coming here and they'll be here in four days."

" This could turn into a blood bath.
Who's behind it?" Carlisle analysed not knowing what and who they were up against.

"I didn't see anyone I recognize.
Maybe one. I think he's local, Riley Biers but he didn't start this. Whoever did is staying out of the action." Alice explained further.

"They must be playing with
the blind spots in your vision. Either way,
the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town." Jasper had a similar experience earlier and so he knew what they were going to need.

"Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob exclaimed, sending a quick glare towards Bailey who said nothing but was clearly frightened.

Even as a vampire, she looked fragile and weak. Jacob wanted to put his arms around her and tell her that no danger will ever come to her again. He wanted her to be the happiest vampire on earth and the safest. Seeing her so frightened made his heart quench. It was his duty to protect her. She was his life, his reason to exist and his soulmate.

The only thing in the way was her species. The shape-shifters were supposed to hunt vampires and protect humans from their kind. Jacob hadn't told anyone about his imprint but once he shifts again, they were bound to find out.

"Newborns. Our kind." Bailey said in a sweet and quiet voice.

Jacob never stopped staring at her. Analysing each bits and pieces, detail about her. He found that she was perfect, there was nothing wrong with her except for her species. Although he wondered why he have never seen her before.

"What are they after?" He forced himself to look away, focusing on Bella this time.

The spark he had for Bella just suddenly vanished.

"They were passing around Bella's scent. A red blouse." Alice remembered from her vision.

"They're after Bella? What the hell does this mean?" Even if his feelings were gone for Bella, he didn't stop caring about her.

"It means an ugly fight. With lives lost." The whole Cullen family stared at Carlisle while he talked.

Jacob's heart raced like crazy. Lives lost?! What did that mean? Will Bailey we fighting alongside the Cullens. She looked like she couldn't even hurt a fly. She needed protection, not looking for danger.

"Alright...We're in." Jacob suddenly had the urge to fight in order to monitor Bailey. He didn't know why it felt like this but the vampire girl was suddenly his priority.

Edward heard his every thought and the only thing he was afraid of was his sister getting hurt. Why couldn't Bailey have an easy life where she meets a vampire and that was her mate. Why did her mate have to be a shape-shifter and making things worst, Jacob Black.

"Fighting newborns require knowledge that Jasper has. We were already planning a strategic meeting. You're welcome to join us." Carlisle had always been friendly and knowing that the wolves wanted to help, he offered.

"Name the place and time." Jacob smirked, receiving a short stare from Bailey.

I'm looking forward to updating more of this soon. Hopefully this chapter was good... Love you all.

-leighton