Run like hell Part 3

The smell of liquor and men assaulted your nose, and although you loved a pint every once in awhile, you still couldn't help the turning in your stomach. The happenings of inside the pub was comforting and normal to you. It's always been a pirates life for you.

 Without warning you felt a hand grab your waist, you where ready to attack, but the smiling face of Arthur Kirkland was in front of you, and you choose to smile back instead. 'i feel like such a silly girl getting all wobbly kneed from him but he's just so...i don't even know'

"You know love I rather not have you feel uneasy at my touch" he smiled to you but not in his cocky smirk but more of a boyish grin. The small gesture sent a storm of butterflies in your stomach, and you tried to ignore the need to kiss him. You had to stay professional you were competing against him not for treasure but for respect.

"I think I'd rather not get tangled up with you" that was a lie and you both knew it.

He smirked at you, and you could already feel the cheeky comment about to leave his mouth. "you know love I can think of a more pleasurable way we can get tangled up but of course I'm a gentleman" He sent a wink your way as you stand there mouth agape at the innuendo he proposed.

before your blush could spread anymore the two of you made it to the counter. At the counter was a women with blue eyes blonde hair and a body that most women would kill for. You look away and feel slightly less in the presence of such beauty. She swayed her hips over to the both of you.

her eyes fluttered at your new made friend and a twinge of jealously hit you "what can I get a fine couple like you two" you and Arthur shared a look of embarrassment.

Arthur cleared his throat "we're not a couple but thank you we'll have two of your finest"

This information made her perk up. She placed two mugs on the counter and before you could leave she leaned forward. She crested his chin and got only an inch away from his face. Her breast protruding from her shirt and her proximity to him made your blood boil.

"You know I could be better company than her." She winked at him. His look was one that was hard to read.

you were about to jump out of your chair and punch her when a loud shouting came out of the back. "get the hell away from my wife you filthy pirate!"

a large man came out of the back with a pistol in his hand. He was coming towards you and Arthur. You were paralyzed by the scene in front of you. This didn't last long though as Arthur grabbed your hand and started running. The sound of gun shots following close behind.

"why the hell did you have to go and flirt with the owners wife! I really wanted more of that beer" you started ranting to him about how much of an jerk he was when finally he found a place to hide.

he turned around and calmly opened his mouth "I did not flirt with her. It anything she was all over me, but I already have a girl in mind."

although he didn't mean it to hurt you the slight pain was still there. Of course it wouldn't be you even though you idolized him for a long time you still know he never knew you. Unwanted tears came to your eyes and as you were about to walk away he grabbed you again.

"I didn't mean to upset you I just thought you would like to know that....I'm interested in you."

the words weren't quite what you wished but they still made you smile. I can make this could work all I have to do is win his affections. You looked up to the stars and wished upon them that you will some day have him as your love.

little did you know that he was wishing the same thing