Chapter One

My eyes slowly flickered open. The sunlight came shining in from my window, making me groan and face away from it, snuggling back down into my warm bed, hoping to get back to my peaceful slumber.

My hopes were short lived when all of a sudden, my bedroom door burst open, revealing my bright eyes and bushy tailed parents. Probably shouldn't joke about bushy tails when we're all werewolves.

Oh, didn't I tell you that? Well now I did. My father is the Alpha of a well known and respected werewolf pack, known as the Marshall Pack. The pack was like family to everyone in it. Everyone knew everyone which made it more family like.

We habited a fairly large section of a town called Hill Top Peak. Weird name I know. When I say habited, I mean the town was just any other normal town, run by the human government and all that crap.

However, our pack is in charge of everything supernatural in this town. We protect the humans from danger like we have done for generations. I guess you could say my dad was the sheriff of the supernatural.

Anyway, back to my sleep ruining parents.
"Good morning honey!" My mother, Leah said cheerfully. I hummed in annoyance, putting my pillow over my head, blocking the noise out. However, my father, Kevin pulled it away.

"So you don't want your birthday presents then?" He chuckled in amusement. With those words I jolted right up. I loved surprises and gifts, especially if they were books or music. "I'm up!" I announced eagerly. Both my parents laughed. They put my presents down on my bed, awaiting for me to open them.

I didn't hesitate. My hands automatically grabbed the nearest one, ripping off the pretty wrapping paper. It was a cute top with a unicorn on the front cause unicorns are the best thing ever. "Aww it's so cute! Thanks mum and dad!" I smiled brightly. They nodded. I picked up another present, once again tearing off the wrapping paper.

The gift was a book from my favourite series, one that I hadn't read yet but I was dying to. "Yay! I've been meaning to read this! You guys are the best" I squealed excitedly, hugging them both. The last present was the smallest out of the three. I carefully unwrapped it, to revel a box.

I opened the box gently and inside was a beautiful jewelled necklace. It was faintly familiar for some reason. "It used to be your grandmothers remember. It's kind of like a family heirloom, only to be given to the women of our family on their sixteenth birthday" my mother explained.

"It's so pretty. This is defiantly the best present" I grinned as I watched the diamonds twinkle. "Right" my dad clapped his hands, getting our attention. "We'll leave you to get up and dressed. There's something we need to talk about later that's really important"
"What's so important?" I asked hesitantly.

A deafening silents filled the room. My mother's once happy look turned into a sad one, which made me worry. This can't be good.
"All will be explained when you come down stairs" Father said in his serious alpha voice. He never used that tone unless he means business and that could only mean one thing; my life was about to change dramatically.

I watched in confusion as they left. What was so important that both my parents seemed hesitant to tell me? Why did it make my mother upset? Unanswered questions revolved around in my head. This was the start of something terrible for me, I could feel it.

Kicking off the blankets, I got up to get ready for the strange day. It was supposed to be my birthday but somehow it felt like doomsday. Well, to me it did. I've been one to dramatise things.

I went over to my wooden drawers, pulled out underwear, leggings and my favourite leather jacket. I decided to wear my unicorn top underneath it. Once I got dressed, I started to put on some make up. Not too much though, just some foundation and mascara.

Afterward, I grabbed my things and made my way towards the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something sparkle, making me stop and turn. It was my grandma's, well mine now, necklace. I quickly grabbed it and put it on, then I finally left the room, preparing for what my parents were about to tell me.

Both of my parents were in the dining room, sat at the table with cups of tea in front of them. Pained expressions still plastered on their faces. As soon as I entered the room, their sorrow filled eyes meet mine. Slowly, I sat down on a chair, awaiting something unknown.

"So..." I began.
"We're so sorry dear, it's supposed to be your birthday and we've ruined it" my mother sobbed. "Ruined? What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well Erin, you know how we protect this town and everyone in it?" My father went on. I nodded. "Well sometimes it can be hard so we need a little help. You understand?"
I nodded again, just wanting him to tell me what the bloody hell was going on.

"And sometimes when we need help, we create allies with other packs from other towns. But do you know how allies are made?" He questioned. This time, I shook my head. I couldn't form words right now. I was probably too nervous or scared.

"Well, the alpha of those packs, arrange marriages with their...children"
I stared at him confused, trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. I processed his words. 'Allies? Arranged marriages with the alphas...' Then it hit me.

My parents had arranged a marriage for me and somebody else from another pack! This was not good. How could I marry somebody who I didn't even know?! What were my parents thinking? I'm only sixteen for gods sake!

"Erin honey?" My mother's soft voice called out, snapping me out of thought. "Why?" I questioned. "You promised me to somebody I don't even know!"
"We're so sorry" My father whispered. Anger flooded my body. "No! Don't you dare say that! You arranged your sixteen year old daughter, on her birthday might I add, to marry a complete stranger!" I was now yelling.

"We had no other choice. Our town needed help so I had to!" My father shouted back, becoming more stern with me, becoming the alpha he was. "So you choose this town, over your daughter? Well done father! You've officially become the worst dad in the world! I hate both of you!" I screamed, running out of the house.

As I was running, I made my way into the woods where I used to play as a child. The happier times when my dad was my hero and my mum was the best thing ever. Now thinking about them, all I could feel was betrayal. They sold me off. They didn't love me.

I stopped running and made my way towards a tree. The tree I climbed when I was young. This was my favourite play spot and it still was. I climbed the tree and sat on one of the stable branches, letting the tears flow.

Suddenly, I heard the familiar sound of howling. It was my fathers howl, telling me to come back. I didn't want to. Right now, all I wanted to do was stay up here, forgetting my problems. But more importantly, my arranged future...