Chaos IX

"Order, think fast." I sighed, and removed the shinning red apple from my pocket, tossing it gently to her. Tears of joy sprang from her eyes, and she squealed.

"My life, Chaos, I thought you'd never ask." She paused. "Yes!"

I ran up to her and kissed her, picking her up and swinging her around joyfully. Setting her down, I punched the air. "Yes! Luke is going to be so jealous that I proposed first!"

Order rolled her stormy eyes, and pecked me. "You're such a seaweed brain, seaweed brain. Come on, are we going to tell the others? And you still have to alert Gwen about the Darklings." She said. I nodded, screaming giddily on the inside.

"Right. Sorry, got a little sidetracked, wise girl. Let's go." I interlaced my hand with hers, and led her down the hall. We didn't pass any of the team on our way, and it was around dinner time by now, so I figured they were eating. There was a dining room installed in our cabin, as we weren't accustomed to eating at the same time as the campers. Some of the squads ate at the Chaos and Order table, but the majority ate with the A-Team and such.

Order and me bursting through the doors and into the dinning room, Order clutching a red apple, and me grinning like an idiot, must've looked a little suspicious. Silena was the first to realize, leave it do the daughter of love.

"Oh my life, Chaos you proposed!" She shrieked, and ran forward to embrace Annabeth, dragging Beckendorf with her. Luke slammed his hand on the table in defeat, and I, being ever so manly, stuck out my tongue.

"Great job man!" Leo congratulated, slapping me on the back. He and Calypso had promised each other that they would get married, they just weren't ready quite yet, despite the thousands of years they'd had.

"Order! I'm so happy for you! Chaos, any idea when my idiotic boyfriend will decide to follow your lead?" Bianca said cheerfully. I grinned.

"You'll just have to wait and see. But it won't be much longer, I promise. Order, after all of this is over, what would you say to a joined marriage? You and I, Luke and Bianca?" I suggested. Order sighed happily.

"As long as I'm married to you, and not Luke." She replied, and Bianca giggled.

"Of course." I said, hugging her with one arm.

"Here you go, Chaos." Luke sighed in defeat, and I grinned victoriously. He handed me a handful of coins, and I pocketed them at once. We'd bet on who would be the one to propose first, and although we'd had plenty of time, it all depended on the moment, ya know?

"Chaos, congrats dude." Ethan said, clapping me on the back like Leo had. Gwen was making her way over to me, having just spoken with Annabeth. She and her husband switched places, and I was met by a happy pixy.

"My life Chaos! This is so great!" She gushed, and I grinned sheepishly.

"Yeah. Hey, um, can I talk to you privately for a moment?" I asked. Gwen frowned, but nodded.

I led her out of the dinning room and right outside the doors. "Listen, uh, Order and I just found out that the Darklings attacked home. Just wanted to let you know. I'm going to head to Olympus first thing in the morning with Order, so you're in charge. Depending on what we see there, and what we talk out with the B-Team and squad 1, we will either go check it out, or come back. Just wanted to give you a heads up." I said. Gwen bit her lip.

"Say you do go. You're going to need more than a team of assassins and politicians to take out a bunch of Darklings. If they're even still there." Gwen said worriedly.

"I know, but I think we can handle it. All of those assassins are trained by the best, and Order is fully healed. Worst case scenario I can put up and shield and teleport us to safety. I just need to make sure our home is safe. Besides, if the Darklings are there, the only reason they're there is because that's where the only known supply of titánio is. We'll need to get them away, so we can continue to harvest it." I pointed out. Gwen shrugged.

"Okay okay, but I'm going with you. Same with the rest of the A-Team. We can leave the squads in charge for a while. No arguing, Chaos. You know I could drain you and prevent you from going in the first place." Gwen stated bluntly, threatening me with the use of her powers. I sighed.

"Fine." I agreed. "Let's head back before my fiancé gets worried." Gwen grinned.

"I still can't get over the fact that you finally proposed to her, after all these years." Gwen giggled, her eyes lit up with excitement. "I can't wait for the wedding!" She was gushing again. Oh boy.

"Yup. Well, that's my cue!" I said awkwardly, and skedaddled, grabbing Order's hand and dragging her out of the room.

"Where did you go?" Order questioned. I paused to take a breath, and answered.

"Talked to Gwen about the stuff. The A-Team is gonna come with us, whether we like it or not. She threatened to drain me if I went against her. It's nice to know that your all powerful friend is willing to almost kill you at any time to prevent you from venturing into the great beyond." I said. Order laughed.

"That's a nice way of putting it, seaweed brain. But it's true. Gwen really is the most powerful out of all of us. Her gift it unique. It's a good thing she's one of our best friends and co-workers." Order stated. I nodded. We were approaching our end of the hallway, and I glanced at my room, then hers, then back to my room.

"Are we going to stick with the sleeping arrangements or...?" I trailed off. Order flushed slightly, hitting me on the back of the head embarrassedly. 

"I think I'll sleep by myself for tonight, but maybe later we can work it out. It's starting to get late, wouldn't want to get deprived of a good nights rest by your drooling." She teased. I laughed sheepishly.

"Okay. Goodnight, wise girl." I said, kissing her softly. She grinned.

"Good night, seaweed brain." Order said, and slipped into her bedroom.