~Prologue | The Beginning~

The night was freezing cold and the wind ferociously bit at everything that wasn't covered. The Little Lady walked beside her mother, clinging onto her dress. The pair made it into the Little Lady's chambers where she greedily tucked away under the warm pelt.

The mother let out a soft chuckle at her mewling daughter. "Are you cold, love?" The mother questioned already knowing the answer.

The daughter said nothing. She just stared for a little while before asking an innocent question. "When is father coming home?"

Her mother cleared her throat before taking a seat next to her child on the bed. Her hand rested on her baby's leg while she bit her lip and thought.

"Well, when do you want him to come home?" She asked carefully.

"Soon."

"Then soon he will be. Your father and I love you very much. For now, get some sleep." The mother pressed a chaste kiss on her daughter's head before pulling away and tucking her in.

"I'm not tired." She whined.

"Well, how would you like me to fix that?" The mum laughed at her restless child.

"Read me a story. No! Tell me the story about you and father. How did the two of you meet? Was it love at first sight? Did you lo-"

"Woah, calm down, child. If you want to hear a story you need to let me speak." The mother playfully jabbed.

She stared into her daughter's dark brown eyes that were full of curiosity before she sighed and slid back the covers and cuddled into her daughter's side.

"We didn't meet like normal strangers and no, it was not love at first sight. We both believed that love at first sight didn't exist. Personality is more important than looks." She quote her beloved husband's words from long ago.

"Did you two love each other from the start?" The daughter asked.

The mother chuckled and held her daughter closer to her as she started from the beginning of her tale.

"You see, your father was a very stubborn man. If he had his eyes set on a dream then you better bet that he would stop at nothing to achieve it..."