The Last Shellstone

(Well you made it this far. Thank you for sticking with me. What are your thoughts on the story? Do you understand what is going on? I know it's just the third chapter but it's good to catch mistakes early. Well here's another chapter!)

I stare up at the ceiling still thinking about the day at the beach. It's been a week now and I haven't heard from them.  My family and I go to the beach every day but I never see them there. Miko was right when she said it had been a minute. Kaila had just got out of the water when she called me. Everything returned to normal and it was like nothing happened. I finally decide to shift, only halfway though. I don't ever want to turn into a jelly fish again. Stepping up to the mirror in my bathroom I try to remember how to shift. The glowing starts and soon I'm a totally different person. My hair is purple. Not only is it purple but my nappy hair has disappeared. Purple silk waves cascade down my shoulders. My facial features also change. A more translucent purple comes from my hairline and spreads to the bridge of my nose and my cheekbones. I turn my head and finally see the wave like symbol imprinted in a royal purple. I quickly shift back when I hear a knock on the door. The symbol, along with everything else disappears. My mother peeks her head in and cheerfully tells me dinners ready. We both walk down the stairs and into our dinning room. We only go into our dinning room when we have company. Right when I sit down the doorbell rings. Ariana runs to the door then opens it. As expected the Moris family files in, we exchange greetings and recline at the table. After we eat with little conversation they leave. What a waste of time. I thought after helping my sisters clear the table. I run upstairs to my room and contemplate what Isaac told me. "I can teleport huh?" I mutter to myself as I picture Miko. I can picture the room she's in and before I know it, I'm there too. When she looks up from her phone she screams. "Shh it's me." I whisper. She let's out a relieved sigh before scolding me. "You could of warned me!"
"I don't have your number."
"Then use telepathy!"
We fall silent when someone, who I presume to be Miko's father, says something in a foreign language. She responds and he leaves without opening the door. "Where am I?" I ask.
"Japan. Where are from? Were you in Florida for vacation or..?" She answers. I sit on her bed and look around her room. All the walls are white but they're adorned by picture collages and ribbons for something she won. "I used to live in New York but we moved to Florida last year. How about you? How did you learn English?"
"Oh I was born here but we have family in America so we visit frequently."
We talked more and got to know each other but soon we were both tired. After exchanging phone numbers I teleport back to my room. Its only 11 here but it's also my bedtime. So I change into my jammies drop into my bed.

It has now been two weeks and I have been talking to Miko at her house, through text and telepathically. Halfway through one of our conversations I hear a song like call. It fades in and out making a sound I've never heard before. It couldn't possibly be from any part of the world. The beauty of the sound is like a beacon, drawing me towards something. Once I find where it wants me to go, I'm there and already searching for whatever's making the music. Standing on a protruding rock in the middle of no where, I shift midway and dive in. Even though I can't see land the sea bed is close enough to support a kelp forest. I hesitate, Aren't kelp forests infested with sharks? I wonder. I decide to tell Miko and soon she appears beside me. "So what do we do?" I ask her.
"Oh we don't do anything. He does." She points to the figure weaving its way through the kelp watching us. I gurgle out a scream before I could stop it, realizing that he is in shift form. Who? I ask Miko but before she can introduce me the shark is next to me. A new voice fills my head. "Show me where it is." He says, already swimming away. I follow after him as fast as I can but a better swimming ability doesn't seem to be included in my new powers. He ends up coming back to me so I can grab his fin. I start paying attention to the song pattern again. The intervals quickens as we get closer to it. The only way I can see the dark orange shellstone amongst the regular ones is because its glowing. I pick it up and we swim out the forest. Miko's no longer alone but Isaac has joined her. Another boy swims up beside her. His symbol rests on his left shoulder in a dark blue color. Like Isaac, he has no markings on his face but the light spotty patterns cover his arms. His dark brown hair slightly covers his almost black eyes. Without introducing himself, he tells us that we have to find the last chosen one before the trail runs cold. Sadly, that's exactly what happened. The shell's beautiful glow dimmed until it became a regular shell, save for its jewel like look. We were now sitting on the same rock I was on when I came here. Since the shellstone isn't going anywhere, I can examine it. It's not a seashell at all, it's not even a rock. Isaac is looking over my shoulder examining it as well. "So if it's not a seashell what is it?" He asks Miko, I assume cause I look as confused as him. Shark boy answers "It's alien, man." I guess Isaac was talking to him then. A deep tan arm reaches down in front of me and takes the shellstone. I turn my head to see the other guy sit next to Miko, turning it over in his hands. "Hey!" comes out my mouth before I could stop it. He looks up at me. "Oh sorry..."
"Marcie" I fill in.
"I'm Kai." He then returns his gaze to the shell. "What kind of animal do you think this will be?" He says in our heads for some reason. Miko takes it from him. "I can't think of any animals this color right now."
"Well, I gotta go. Tell me when you find the kid." Shark boy says as he stands up. He disappears after everyone says bye. Miko gives me the shell back. "I think you should hold onto it." She tells me. I should also get back. I tell myself. I get up and say good bye to them before teleporting home. Once again we have the Moris family over, this time for lunch. I zone out until I hear Cade say something about a rock sampling kit. "A rock sampling kit?" Ariana repeats him. "Yea, it's super advanced. I can find the elements in anything." He replies.
"Anything?" I ask, formulating a plan in my head. "Yep." He answers leaning back in his chair. Hmm...

(Picture of Isaac's animal)