CHAPTER TWO, II

╔═══════════════╗
CROSSFIRE : 1996
CHAPTER TWO : TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS
╚═══════════════╝

THE COFFEE WITH TWO SUGARS AND CREAM THAT HARRY HAD ORDERED IN THE SMALL TUNE UNDERGROUND HAD BEEN LONG FORGOTTEN AS HIS EYES TRAVELLED ACROSS THE PAGES OF HIS GODMOTHERS JOURNAL

THE COFFEE WITH TWO SUGARS AND CREAM THAT HARRY HAD ORDERED IN THE SMALL TUNE UNDERGROUND HAD BEEN LONG FORGOTTEN AS HIS EYES TRAVELLED ACROSS THE PAGES OF HIS GODMOTHERS JOURNAL. Harry had been glued to the old leather bound book since he had been given it. Harry had been reading through each page with great attention to every detail his godmother left him. Still feeling consumed by the pain of seeing her pretty face in each of the memories.

Unknown to Harry, his two best friends had become extremely worried about their friend. He had become absent and withdrawn from conversations. The once close trio had become distant to one member, gradually seeing less and less of Harry. His eyes no longer held the want for adventure and new experiences. The wizard had become quite content with sitting in his room with Lucy's journal resting in his lap. Today for a change of scenery, Harry had decided to escape the suffocating walls of the burrow where he had sought refuge for a couple of weeks during holidays before returning to the dursley's between fifth and sixth year. Harry Potter had found himself returning to the small cafe for a few weeks now occasionally looking at the pretty dark haired waitress that seemed to walk around in front of him constantly on purpose.

Looking up for just a moment Harrys eyes scanned across the cafe, landing on the waitress he had grown to fancy a little bit. The girl had beautifully tanned skin with a wave of curly hair decorating the top of her head. He found himself staring into her dark brown eyes when she was close enough and feeling a sense of security in their warmth. Shaking his head of dark hair he allowed his focus to return to the journal he cherished dearly.

Being a stranger to the Wizarding World for eleven years of his life, no one truly knew Harry. Harry was a mix of both of his parents being kind like his mother and looking strikingly like his father. Many members of the order knew this about Harry when first meeting him, hearing stories about his bravery and justness. Something that the people closest to him had learnt was that Harry loved fiercely and hated horribly, there wasn't an in between. Harry James Potter was exactly like his father in this regard. That being said Harry had the tendency to obsess over things. His new obsession being his godmothers journal.

Unknown to Harry, Hermione and Ginny had been plotting to take the journal of the late Lucy Waterson from Harry in hopes that he would be able to focus again. Being this distant form of himself worried his closest friends by being vulnerable. Vulnerable to the dark lord. Distracted.

𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎
𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝,