2c {How Long? / Ashton}

I run out of the school with my tears flooding my vision. I run to the red car and get in slamming the door. As I start to sob, I feel someone hug me. It was Bethany.

"Shhh. It's gonna be okay. It's alright." Bethany coos. She hands me her emergency skittles bag and starts to drive.

I look at Bethany. Her brown hair that flows down to the middle of her back. And her green eyes are always lit up and filled with excitement and silliness.

But now her eyes were a dark shade of green. She probably planning ways to kill Jaylen.

I look out the window. Watching the scenery as we drove by. After that one minute crying session I just felt numb.

Nothing, just emptiness. We drive to Bethany's house where Peter and Will are meeting us.

I get out of the car and walk straight into Bethany's house. I walk straight up to Peter.

"Hey Ca-" Before he can finish his sentence I slap him.

"Wha-" I slap him again.

"How long?" I ask tapping my foot.

"How long wh-" I slap him.

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT!" I yell at him. He looks down at his shoes and mumbles something.

"I'M SORRY WHAT WAS THAT I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THIS BULLSHIT." I yell flailing my arms around. He says it louder.

"Four months." He says a little over a whisper.

"Bu-but how? He was with his dad right?" I ask. Then he spilled the whole story.

"He never went with his dad, after his dad adopted him he ran away and spent a couple of months with Keegan to get more money.

He knew the last family had just sent you back so you wouldn't be out for a while so he slept around. Then he met Aubrey.

School started and you were still kidnapped so they started sleeping with each other. I caught him one day and he said not to tell you because if I do Keegan would take Lizzy away.

I'm sorry Carter, I honestly am I hope you'll forgive me one day." Peter walks out the door and slams it shut behind him leaving me to recollect my thoughts. It's just too much for me.

I stumble around the living room. I feel light headed. The darkness welcomes me as I pass out.

"Carter? Will call the boys!" Someone shouts.

I feel myself being put down on a bed. Somebody with large hands strokes my cheek gently.

"I'm sorry for what I did all those years ago." I realize it was Ashton.

"I didn't mean to hit you I promise. It pains me every time I see you you always wince like that one time I tried to give you a high five when we were going to adopt you again.

Did you know I cried that night? I'm sorry Carter. I really am." I hear small sobs come from him. I sit up and hug him tighter than I've hugged before.

"I'm sorry too Ashton I never wanted to make you cry. Your too happy for that. You don't need me in your life I just make it worse. I should've never been born. I shouldn't even be alive." Ashton stops hugging me.

"Don't ever say that again, okay?"

"Okay."

I sit in my room thinking about what Ashton told me. He said to write a song, that's what makes him feel better.

I start writing.

You and me, we made a vow
For better or for worse

*Flashback*

"Jay?"

"Hmm?"

"We're gonna get married someday right?"

"Yeah, and we're gonna have kids and be the best parents ever."

"I don't want our kids to end up like us."

"Me neither."

"What were your parents like?"

"They got married but they stopped loving each other."

"You won't do that to me will you?'

"Never."

"I love you."

"Yeah, I love you too Carter."

*End of Flashback*

I can't believe you let me down
But the proof's in the way it hurts

For months on end I've had my doubts
Denying every tear
I wish this would be over now
But I know that I still need you here

You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

You've been so unavailable
Now sadly I know why

*Flashback*

"Hey are you free on Friday? I was thinking we could have a movie night."

"Sorry Carter. Me and James planned to watch the game that night."

But James is in Hawaii.

"Okay, maybe next time."

*End of Flashback*

Your heart is unobtainable
Even though Lord knows you kept mine

You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

I have loved you for many years
Maybe I am just not enough
You've made me realize my deepest fear
By lying and tearing us up

x2
You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

And I know
And I know
And I know
And I know
And I know
And I know, no
I know I'm not the only one

A/N

Song:
I Know I'm Not The Only One

Artist:
Sam Smith