The Diary

Raven watched as Beast Boy drifted off into his mind. She sensed his relaxation. She figured he'd drifted away into a kind of unconsciousness that only comes from meditation. She got into her meditation position, and floated a foot off the ground. She closed her eyes and let herself drift away just as how beast boy had done. She chanted her mantra slowly.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos."

Raven awoke from her meditation session and saw Beast Boy still sitting cross legged in front of her with his eyes closed.
Raven stood up and looked around the room. She walked over to a dresser and opened the top drawer.
She spotted a photo album.
She picked it up and flipped through the pages.

She saw photos of a blonde haired boy who was about 12 years old, and man and woman, who looked to be the blonde boy's parents.
And the blonde boy looked
like.....Beast Boy!
Except, he wasn't green.
Raven stared at the picture and thought
"this must be Beast Boy before he was green."

Raven flipped through more pages, and after a few of the pictures, the blonde boy became a green boy.
Raven closed the album and placed it back in the drawer.
Raven opened the second drawer and found a large book.

"Beast Boy keeps a book?," Raven thought.

She opened the book and on the first page, a name was written in graceful curly cursive. it said: "To Garfield, from,Mother."

"This is from Beast Boy's mother," Raven thought.

She opened the journal and read the pages. There wasn't much writing. She looked for recent writing. The last two pages of writing read:

"May 11 2013,

today, Robin said I wasn't working out enough, then he said he wanted me to lift the ten pound weights starting tomorrow. This reeealllyyy sucks. And Raven isn't any help. Why is She so mean to me."

"May 12 2013,

Today, I asked Raven for help with the ten pound weights. It didn't end well. All I did was ask for help, and what do I get? Another one of her insults. As far as I'm concerned, she's not my friend anymore. Why can't she treat me like a person, and not the worst thing that's ever happened to her! I never did anything horrible to her, so she doesn't have the right to treat me like dirt. And to think I liked her."

Raven felt terrible. Now knowing how he felt about her, she thought:
Did she really treat him that way?

She closed the book and put it back in the drawer.

Raven looked at Beast Boy and saw he was still meditating. He sure was taking a long time, but only because it was his first time, and it's not easy to clear your mind.

Raven still had trouble managing her emotions while in her mind sometimes, and it wasn't easy. Raven smiled at him.

Raven sat by Beast Boys bunk bed and daydreamed about how things would be if She kept a diary. She soon fell asleep.

___________________________________