t e n

( sometimes the book won't load the full chapter so make sure it does )

"this is insane." i flung myself onto my bed. i slammed my face on my pillow and screamed. i don't know if i'm happy or angry that it was a setup. i sat up and reached for my phone, pressing speed dial for kassie.

oh crap. 

i shut my phone off and threw a tiny tantrum. i have no one to assist my through this somewhat tiny crisis. why am i fricking? i'm invited to a super cute boy's party with other super cute boys, in fact. my body sprung from the bed as i went to my closet.

i need something like "hey, i'm pretty cool." & "i'm desperate, i swear" type of look.

at night time it gets pretty chilly and since i have no idea what we're doing then i'll go for skinny, denim jeans and one of my go to graphic shirt is an oversized galaxy shirt with cats and burritos on it.

don't judge me okay! i'm sensitive.

i slipped on a pair of black converse high tops and went for hoop earrings instead of plain studs. in the mirror, i saw a little hint of me mixed with something zendaya can pull off but then again, she can pull off anything.

"dang, i look good." i laughed to myself. i reached for the flat iron and immediately dropped it.

"fuuu-?!" i yelped but quickly covered my mouth. that thing was smoking hot. dear flat iron , i need you to curl my hair, not burn off my flipping finger! i sucked on my finger slightly panicking from the burn.

"maya!" my mom's voice echoing from downstairs. please, say you didn't hear that.

"yeah?" i casually, well this time, curled my hair until my name boomed from the walls once again. i rolled my eye and huffed as i sat the iron down carefully then went downstairs.

"yeashhhh?" once i reached the bottom step, i looked up to meet those spectacular blue eyes.

wait, was it 7 already?

my head swirled around to the nearest clock and it was only 6:30.

"you look really good." he stutters lightly.

"thanks, you do too."' he was dressed in nicely ironed denim cargos, a red and white tee, a white snapback and jordans on his feet. he gave me a quirky smile.

"i thought you guys were picking me up at 7?" i laughed nervously while my mom watched us in the kitchen. he scratched the back of his neck. "well, see, we have to pick tons of people up apparently because they have no ride." i nodded simply. i wasn't ready at all, half of my hair was curled while the other half still laid naturally on top of my head. i totally forgot that i looked like an idiot. i cursed under my breath. hayes could see i was clearly frustrated.

"i'll help you with your hair."

my eyes grew big. this guy is an athlete all-star, does he even know what simple hair products are? he laughed at my expression.

"just trust me." he said as we walked to my bedroom.

"are you sure because i need my hair." my hands covering it protectively just in case it leaves me this day. he chuckled as he moved my hand and gripped a strain of hair and curled it. i looked in the mirror while he did it and it was even better than the side i did. he was better and faster at it. well, i guess he's an all-star at everything. thanks for making me feel like a loser.

my phone read 6:43. this is hayes's birthday, i don't want him curling my hair on his special day.

"you do-"