Do You Or Do You Not Want Me, Mate. - Chapter Six

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Six

Travis needed a plan, a damn good one at that.

He never felt this imcompetent in his entire life, and knowing he had Alpha blood running through his veins, he felt that he was being used as a puppet all along by his father. He couldn't believe that a father would treat his own son, much less the future inheritor of the Alpha seat of Crimson Moon pack, but what did he expect? The man was heartless, a complete bastard that only cared for the pack's legacy.

Travis' father was not joking when he said he was being watched, every move he made was duly noted and reported straight to the Alpha personally.

With that, he needed an outsider, someone not from his pack to aid him with his search for Serena. Even if he woud leave his pack, chances of him getting out were slim, so he needed to be careful. He had to make sure that his means of communication were untraceable and unlinkable form of technology and that would at least give him an edge against his father.

As he buttoned his black dress shirt, Travis made a resolve that he would find Serena, and once she is back in his arms, he would kick his father and Carmela's ass goodbye and claim his mate without hesitation.

He is going to be the man Serena wants him to be.

"Are you ready, Travis?" a soft female voice that could only belong to his mother, Elena, asked him from his closed doorway.

"Yes," he said with a grunt, hating the idea of attending the a posh party. He walked towards the door, turned the doorbknob, and there she was, his mother standing there in her fancy lilac colored long gown with intricate designs on the soft fabric of it. Her blond hair was up in a bun with diamond pins surrounding it and her make-up made her look ethereal, especially her eyes. It had silver eyeshadow on it which complimented her dark blue eyes. All in all, she was a sight for sore eyes.

As Elena took in her son's wardrobe of choice: black buttoned up shirt with three buttons undone and sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black dress pants and sneakers, she couldn't help but frown from it. It was supposed to be a grand party, not some high school rave where you could go casual. Her son didn't have any clue what dress to impress meant.

"Travis," she asked as she eyed him up and down with extreme scrutiny, "what are you wearing?"

Travis shrugged. "What do you think it looks like?"

Elena glared, not liking her son's rebellious attitude. She was deeply aware what was going on, and Carmela's mother, Delayna, filled her in with his son's secret rendevouz with Serena. She won't allow Travis' sappiness jeopardize tradition, and he must follow what needs to be done.

Of course, she couldn't forget what Travis did to her precious Swarovski crystal figurines.

"Don't get smart with me, young man," she said tersely. "Now why don't you change into your tux so you won't make us look like fools in front of everyone."

Travis scoffed. Typical of his mother to say such a thing. She was just like his father and tough luck they were in a loveless marriage. Both of them were thrusted into family tradition, much less going against the laws of nature. No wonder they both think alike.

"I like what I'm wearing, so you can just suck it up," Travis replied off-handedly, turned around and walked away.

All that Elena could do was shake her head.

The next events of this party would surely blow up in their faces once Travis learns the real reason for this party, and she could only hope that his son wouldn't cause a scene.