Do You Or Do You Not Want Me, Mate. - Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to all wolf lovers out there! ;-D

Do You Or Do You Not Want Me, Mate.

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Seven
Picture on the side is Sean (Model Brett Novek)

One year later...

Sean felt like giving up, surrendering to defeat.

      It had been a year now, and so far in his search he couldn't find his sister. He used the sibling bond to track her down, but as months passed, it had became weak to non-existent and that worried him a great deal. He wouldn't dare go to 'What If's' scenarios, because deep within his gut, Serena is still alive; but it aggravated him that she couldn't be found as though she dropped off the face of the Earth.

      'Serena, where the fuck are you?' Sean thought angrily.

      As he looked around the woods he was in, he knew he was in another territory, miles away from home, but the disintegration pill he took - courtesy of his dad's military friend - masked his distinct scent and could pass himself as a human; even though the pill would only last for a day so he would need to pop another one when the 24 hours was up. The downside of the pill was that he couldn't use his full strength, but he didn't mind. As long as he looked and smelled harmless - no pain, no gain.

      Sighing, he spoke through his minuscule ear communicator to contact his human associate, Lester, an ex-CIA operative (as per recommendation by his dad's military friend) stationed in New York. They haven't met personally ever since they were introduced a year ago via phone patch and their transactions were done through a secured line, a military issued gadget that was used for covert missions. The human didn't know shit about their kind and it's going to stay that way until the search would be over. All Lester knew was that they were searching for someone, and that was that.

      "Got anything for me, Les?" Sean asked through the earpiece.

      Meanwhile, in New York, Lester was eying his computer screen with keen eyes. His work station was a mess; it was cluttered with empty Chinese carton take outs and crushed beer cans, but he was used to it. He was single and having the life as a freelancer was not that  glamorous as it seemed to be, but the pay was good and he was damn awesome with what he does.

       Who was he to complain?

       As Sean's voice reverberated through his earpiece, he supplied him with a monotonous answer ever since the search started.

       "Nothing," Lester said.

       He heard Sean sigh and said, "What about the feeds?" he asked. "Still the same?"

       Still eyeing the screen, Lester was about to say something similar, but he stopped himself and frowned at a very condensed area, Southwest of Denver. He was only tapping through the military's satellite feeds and with the equipment he had, he could only make with the technology he had to offer, yet he knew it was past mediocre in the least, but still, the Pentagon had better cheese and it sucked monkey balls.

       "In Southwest of Denver though, this particular spot in the woods, is highly cloaked and I need to clear the image out. But it will take some time," he explained as his hands expertly breezed through the keyboards, his silver eyes glinting in suspicion, judging from the reflection of the computer screen. "It's like someone literally hid the area as though covering it with a freaking tarp."

       On the other line, Sean mulled this over. He knew about the Southwest part of Denver. That was human territory - a friendly zone - so it is safe to say it wasn't congregated with hunters, but for Lester not getting any live feeds on that area was weird. He needed to check that area out and it got him curious.

       It was worth a shot.

       "While you're at it, I'll change course and head over there," Sean told him. "It will take me three days tops from my location."

       "You're eight towns away, am I correct?" Lester asked from the other line.

       Sean rolled his eyes. 'Of course he knows. Damn ex-CIA,'  he thought. "Yeah, that's right," he replied.

       "Just give me a few hours to infiltrate and I'll let you know when I'm in."

       "Affirmative," Sean said. "Over and out."

       And that was the end of their conversation.

       "At least we are getting somewhere," he muttered as he started to head the direction of Southwest. Too bad he didn't bring his truck; it could have saved him the hassle, but he'd rather go on foot. He needed to be detailed in his search and god knows he didn't want to miss anything out.

       With a grunt, Sean sprinted through the woods, pushing the thought of giving up at the back of his mind and focus with his new directive.