The Final Chapter

"Connor, you've lost your mind" Drew laughed.

      "It'll work I swear," Connor looked at each disbelieving face in the room, "Blake, back me up, or at least say you're in"

      "Are you hearing how mad this is? And I still can't believe you dated Brenda," Lucy questioned, "Nate?"

      "I can't believe you found her and didn't let me see her, she might've took it differently if I was there" He stated.

      "Why would she, are you the Brenda whisperer?" Megs shot him a sarcastic look.

      "No," Nate gave her a dirty look in return, "But I've never been mad at her for leaving like you all were. She would've wanted someone to understand where she was coming from, which you two didn't"

      "Stop bickering!" Rosie exclaimed.

      "Blake," Reece elbowed me, knocking me out of the trance I was in, "Opinions of Con's plan?"

      I shrugged, "It'll work"

      "How certain are you Blake?" Megan asked.

      "As certain as I am that the sky is blue"

      "We're really gonna let him do this?" Austin asked.

      "Go on Blake, you'll never be happy if you don't" George laughed.

      "Does anyone believe this will work besides Connor and I?"

      "Me" Levi raised his hand now.

      "That's enough for me," I turned to Connor again, "Go for the plan again"

      There she was. Sat alone, head down, earphones in, the blue hair I'd become accustomed to fairly quickly framing the small smile at whatever song she was playing. There was an announcement over the speaker, "Flight DF56 to Perth is now boarding" and Brenda stood up, pulling out the earphones and shoving them in her pocket along with her phone.

      "You were right," I whispered to Connor who was sat beside me, both of us a safe enough distance that Brenda wouldn't notice us, "Australia"

      "I told you, I saw the ticket. Now or never mate, you ready to get her back?" He grinned at me and I nodded, moving from my seat and running towards Brenda, Connor closely behind with his guitar. When we got within her ear shot, Connor started to play, and Brenda froze to the spot she was standing on.

      "Kid in Love, really? Haven't we overdone this song Richardson? Isn't this the third time you've played it to me in public? You think I didn't see you sat watching me?" Brenda laughed and turned around, confusion filling her face, "Connor? What is happening, I have a flight to catch"

      I stepped closer and took her hand, starting to sing despite her little protest. Slowly but surely, the wall she'd built towards the situation came down, her smile came back and she started mouthing the lyrics with me. As I started the second chorus, I'm not sure how it happened, but the two of us were practically slow dancing in the middle of the airport, plenty of people either recording or watching us with a range of expressions.

      "When we're alone and it's just the two of us, I can't get enough," She turned under my arm again, still giggling like a child, "And I've got it all, and I've got it all, but I don't ever wanna grow up"

     She grinned as I finished, hands still holding mine when she spoke, "Well, that was fun, but I really need to go-"

      "Brenda don't you dare get on that plane" Connor spoke before I could.

      She gave him a challenging look, "Are you gonna stop me Con?"

      "I can't, you didn't choose me," he smirked as she tried to find words to deny his accusations, "Don't Brenda, it's alright, part of me always knew you'd find your way back to Blake eventually. I'm just glad I got to have you in my life for a while"

      She walked over and wrapped her arms around him, whispering, "I'm so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you, I really do love you"

      "Yeah," he smiled, "But I'm not Blake. The day told us your choice, your eyes never left him. You didn't choose neither, you chose not to hurt anyone, it's what you do"

      "God Con you'll make me cry," she laughed, wiping her eyes slightly, "Make sure you find an amazing girl and don't be afraid to hit me up to kill her if she messes you around or anything" She leaned up and kissed his cheek.

      "Yeah yeah get back over to Blake already"

      She laughed and came back over, taking my hands in hers again, "Blake," she had a teasing tone to her voice, "Do you want me to get on that plane?"

      "You're mad if you think you have a chance of getting on it," The two of us laughed, "I've missed you"

      "It might shock you with the way I've been acting, but I missed you too"

      "Well I have something to ask you" I grinned.

      "Whatever it is, I'm scared" She genuinely seemed worried.

      "Brenda, when we met, I knew something had changed. We've been through a lot and honestly, I don't see myself ever being with anyone else-"

      "Blake don't go all emotional on me" She cut me off jokingly but I ignored her before continuing, "Brenda, this was kind of Connor's idea but I think anyone knows it wouldn't have been far off anyway but," I stopped talking and got down in front of her, "marry me?"

      "Blake, we're 19!" She laughed, tears forming in her eyes.

      "That makes us legal"

      "Management and fans won't approve"

      "It's been okayed with management, fans will have to deal" I explained.

       "Blake, we're 19" She laughed again.

       "19, 59, 109, I know I'm okay with spending the rest of my life with you, I'm waiting for you to stop being flighty" I teased.

       "Let's do it then," she laughed, " now get up idiot, people are staring at us" she pulled me by my hand before attaching her lips to mine, cheers erupting around as the rest of the group appeared from their hiding spots, the pair of us thrown into the centre of a group hug.

       Brenda had started to cry as the girls all embraced her, asking how she'd been, Lucy rambling something about how 'Blenda were her children', while I got pats on the back from all the lads.

       "Baby Blake grew up then" Drew laughed.

       "Shut up" I replied, still not taking my eyes off Brenda, I'd spent so long without her I couldn't help it.

       "We're all happy for you mate" George nudged me again.

        And now, I could say again for the first time in years, I was happy too. Happy because I'd found her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it! Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you enjoyed it as much I did while I was writing, much love,

~Brenda xx