One

((AN: hello guys! This is my new book, the chapters won't be as long as the ones in Wait but that means I'll be able to update more (hopefully) so hope you enjoy the story! Don't forget to leave me a comment))

An aggravated sigh escaped the man's chapped lips as he rested his forehead atop the desk before a computer keyboard. He sat up, ruffling his blonde hair and growling "why can't I write this chapter?! It's not that hard! I already have it planned out, why can't I find the stupid words..?" He growled again, shoving his rolling chair backwards, away from the desk as he stretched his short arms above his head "just take a break from it, calm down Yoongi. Just because you have a deadline in two weeks and half a book to finish doesn't mean you get to have a mental breakdown. Just walk away for an hour, and breathe" he inhaled deeply, closing his eyes in a moment of peace. However, his peaceful moment was disturbed by feet stomping above him. Someone was either jumping or purposely stomping on the floor, causing Yoongi's light fixture shake.

He glared at the ceiling, angrily grabbing some random mismatched shoes, slipping them on, and lazily attempting fix his messy hair before rushing to his front door. He paused, staring at the door in suspense, taking deep breaths to calm his nerves. He hadn't set foot outside of his cluttered apartment in weeks, simply ordering food and supplies to his doorstep. He swallowed thickly in fear, hand shakily reaching out to unlock and slowly creak the door open inch by inch. He sucked in a breath, holding it in anxiously as his head peeped out just enough to scan both sides of the hallway for people. When he found the hallway empty, he exhaled softly before quickly stepping out and locking the door behind him. His feet quickly rushed to the stairwell, careful not to touch the railing or anything other people might've touched. On top of having social anxiety, he was also a mega germaphobe. Well aside from his apartment, his germs were fine, other people's weren't. He walked up the stairs, turned left down the hall and finally stopped at the number directly above his home. He took a deep breath, knocking roughly. This would be the first time he'd seen another human, besides the delivery guys, in a long time. He braced himself for the interaction, forcing a lazy glare as the door opened to reveal a tall smiling brunette with a smile so bright it was practically blinding and happily asking "can I help you?" Yoongi folded his arms across his chest, masking his fear with hatred "yeah you can stop stomping around up here. I live right below you" the boy blinked, quickly fumbling for an apology "I'm sorry! My name is Hoseok, Jung Hoseok, I was moving boxes around and a friend of mine who's really clumsy kept dropping them..." An exasperated sigh could be heard from within, but Yoongi didn't care who it belonged to "well sunshine, my name is Yoongi. I was in the middle of something important when your clumsy friend interrupted my train of thought. If I have to come up here again you'll be asking yourself how someone so short was able to kick your teeth in. Got it?" Hoseok nodded, smile falling instantly as his face paled in fear, apologizing again "y-yea. I'm sorry again" Yoongi glared one final time before turning on his heel and walking off casually.

Once he'd practically sprinted away after disappearing from Hoseok's sight, Yoongi unlocked his door and hurried in. He locked the door back behind him, leaning his back against it and slowly sliding down to hug his knees. His forehead rested against his knee caps as he calmed his racing heart. It was only one person, why was he having such a bad attack? He forced the lump in his throat down and held back tears. Memories flashed in his head of the single moment in his life that had led his disorder to form. It was a very stressful time in his life, which caused his disorder to reveal itself all caused by one life altering incident. He sighed in irritation, slapping his forehead in self anger "get off your ass and get back to work!" He huffed, stumbling back to his chair and firmly planting his butt in it before rolling back over to his desk. His cell phone rang, earning a mumbled "leave me alone" before Yoongi reluctantly answered "who is this?" He was greeted by a deep voice sighing tiredly "Yoongi... What are you doing?" Yoongi tensed "Namjoon. What do you want?" Namjoon chuckled, obviously drunk "I'm bored and I wanna see you" Yoongi rolled his eyes "I told you last time, I'm not interested in being your pal anymore. I don't drink, and I have no interest in drinking with you if you're going to beat the shit out of me like last time. Do me a favor and delete my number okay?" Namjoon growled "I know where you live Yoongi" the older rolled his eyes "oh whatever" then he hung up, swallowing the lump in his throat from Namjoon's threat. It was true, Namjoon did know where he lived, it's where they'd always meet up before hitting the bars. Shrugging it off as an empty threat however, he plugged his earbuds in and resumed his typing.