Chapter Three: I Saw Sparks

//Dean

Oh my god.

Holy motherfucking shitbuckets, am I seriously standing right in front of him right now?

What do I do. What do I do what do I do what do I dooooooo?

Act natural. Stay calm, Deano.

"Uhm, yeah. My name is Dean, yes. You're Castiel, right?" Of course he's Castiel. Dean gave an anxious smile.

"That'd be me. Say, have you been here before? I've never quite heard a voice as good as yours in here. Maybe I just missed you or something." Dean couldn't help but notice how calm Castiel was. Probably because he isn't head over heals for you, you dipshit.

Castiel stared at Dean and he felt as if the spotlight was on him. Why was he staring? Then he mentally face palmed. He asked a question and you haven't even got the wits to respond. "-Oh! Uh, yeah, sorry. I-I-I mean no, no I haven't been here before. I just st-stumbled on it I guess?" Oh Jesus, fuck. What part of 'natural' screams 'incredibly socially awkward' to you?

Every part.

Castiel laughed at his lack of confidence. "Well, you're great at singing. Your voice is beautiful."

In that moment, Dean Winchester died. If dying is the equivalent of blushing a deeper maroon than that of the Red Sea, someone better dig him a grave. "Thank you." Dean scratched the back of his neck and looked at the floor.

"Hey Cassie, you gonna sing tonight?" Jo asked, bounding up to the two.

"Planning on it. I've got a Coldplay song stuck in my head, just can't seem to get it out. This might help. It's called 'Sparks'. If you don't have it, I've got it saved."

"Oh, you know me, I've got all Coldplay songs. Go ahead and get up there whenever."

Castiel smiled gratefully. "Thanks, Jo."

Dean didn't know what it was about Castiel, but whatever he did was sexy. Literally anything. He could be taking out the garbage and Dean's pants would be off in an instant. He just has a seductive personality.

That's why when Castiel tapped the microphone to test it and then closed his eyes, breathing in deeply to prepare, there might've been a small noise emitted from Dean's mouth. Jo giggled behind him, leaning against the bar. "Got a crushhhh?" she singsonged.

Dean blushed 50 shades of grey- ahem, I mean red.

"Don't worry, I won't tell."

"U-uh I've had one... For a while... Since elementary school, actually."

Her eyes widened briefly, seemingly amazed. "That long, huh? You must have it bad."

Dean nodded.

Castiel began, making sure to keep his voice smooth. Coldplay's style is really sweet, soft, and dulcet, so he has to keep his tone soothing.

"Did I drive you away?

I know what you'll say.

You'll say 'Oh, sing one we know.'

But I promise you this:"

He locked eyes with Dean.

"I'll always look out for you."

Dean's recurring blush tingled the back of his neck, he felt his lips twist up.

Castiel kept looking through the song.

"My heart is yours," he sang. Shifting his gaze back to the crowd, he looked professional. Like he did this for a living.

"I saw sparks, yeah I saw sparks."

Dean swooned. The song finished. Castiel proudly swam his way through the sea of people complimenting him, back over to Dean.

"How was that?" Castiel smirked as if he already knew the answer.

Dean grinned. "It was amazing. You're way better than me, Cas. Like seriously, wow."

He chuckled. "Uh, 'Cas'?"

Dean instantly began spewing apologies, such as: "Oh wow, I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize, I'm sorry, I won't call you that ever again, please don't hate me."

He held up his hand to silence Dean's ramblings. "It's fine, just.. Different. No one's ever called me that before. I like it."

"Oh. Well then I guess that'll be your nickname."

Jo squeezed in between them. "Wow, Cassie, you truly are the karaoke king."

"Why, thank you."

The two went on in conversation and Dean found himself sitting still, staring at him. Completely unfazed by anything else, Dean explored every crevice of Cas' face with his mind, noticing every so called "flaw" that only made him more perfect. He sighed, resting his head on the palm of his hand.

For a split second, he glanced behind him to the back window, noticing the dark skies and stars. With a sudden realization of the time, he sprung up from his chair and grabbed his coat. "I've got to be going, it's really late."

"But Dean, it's only 8:30," Cas provided. "Couldn't you stay a bit longer?"

"I'm sorry, I can't. I was supposed to be home a while ago. Oh man, my dad is gonna kill me!" Dean was slowly starting to freak out, his anxiety causing his pulse rate to quicken. He carded a hand through his hair and licked his lips to try to calm himself down.

"Okay. At least let me give you my number?" Cas was already racking for his pocket for paper and asking Jo for a pen.

"Sure, uh, I'll add you in my phone. Actually," he pulled it out of his pocket, "it's right here. You can just read me the numbers."

"Alrighty."

Dean added Cas as a contact and put a smiley face next to his name for Cas to see. Although later he would change it to a special heart.

With that, Dean cleared his throat and wished the other two goodnight.

"Nighty! Come back soon!" Jo smiled sweetly.

"I enjoyed tonight. Text me and I'll see if we can come up here again but together instead. Have a good night!"

Dean nodded, and backed out the door with a wave. When it shut, he turned around, a wide smile spread out like butter on his whole face. Did he just ask me on a date?

Even if he didn't, he still wants to hang out with Dean again. Knowing that, he didn't even care if his dad would be mad. He probably wasn't home anyway.

Dean walked home with a pep in his step.

He drifted asleep with a content sigh.