Chapter Four: Journal Entry 2

October 23rd

Recently, I've found a new hangout spot. It's called the Singing Birds.

Do you know that feeling you get when you think your stomach is going to jump through your throat because you're so happy/excited? That is literally everything I'm feeling. Constantly.

I saw Cas at the singing birds. Get this(A/N: 'so get this')- he is amazing at singing. His voice is so beautiful it makes me want to rip out my intestines and eat them.

Even better, he complimented my singing and now I have his number! He says to call him if I ever want to go there with him next time.

How did I ever get this far?

Not even Sam knows and I'm pretty sure he knows everything, he's so smart.

I have a new favorite song. Surprisingly enough, it's Coldplay. It's called Sparks. I won't tell you why I like it so much.

As if it matters. You're just a journal.

Anyway, today I think I'm going to call Cas. Yeah, definitely anxious about that one. I don't know how I'm gonna get through it. I'll ask him if he wants to grab lunch someplace and talk about our AP earth science class that we have together, maybe do homework for it, and then swing by the singing birds. Hopefully all goes well.

I'll definitely be keeping you updated on that.

I ran into Jo at a grocery store. She was looking at best friend bracelets, biggest grin on her face. I asked her if it was for Cas. She didn't exactly answer. She's being pretty mysterious about that.

I'm sure it's nothing important.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. We got a golden retriever puppy! Sam named him bones because of the dogs fascination with the skeleton model in Sam's room.

As we speak- that doesn't sound right. As I write this? Let's go with that. As I write this, he's nudging at my thigh. I think he might be hungry.

Sam can deal with that. I can't even keep a fish alive. (A/N: no joke, I seriously can't either, Deano)

It's getting close to noon. I think now I'm going to go make that call.

Arrivederci.

-Dean.

~~~

Dean closed the book and picked up his phone. Hands quivering, he tried to calmly get to his contacts, find Cas' name, and click the phone button.

After three rings, he picked up.

A/N: bold will be Cas, regular letters are Dean.

"This is Castiel."

"Uh, hey Cas, it's me- I mean Dean."

"Oh, hi, Dean!"

Dean messed with his hair and leaned back in the office chair he was sitting in. "Listen, uh, I was calling to see if you're going to be free today."

"Actually, I happen to being doing just about nothing all day."

"That's great! Well, I mean, for me, not for you. Not that what I was gonna ask would be bad for you, unless you don't like hanging out with me, then it's probably not so great. I mean if you like doing nothing, that's fine too, I was just gonna-"

"Dean."

"Hm?"

"I'd love to hang out with you. What do you have in mind?"

Dean closed his eyes and chuckled softly, but not too quiet, because Cas could just barely strain to hear him on the other end of the call.

"I was wondering if you'd like to grab lunch at a diner or something and help me out with the AP earth science homework? I don't quite understand it. Maybe after we can head to Singing Birds. If you want, of course."

"That sounds great." Dean sighed, relieved. "Is there a time you have in mind?"

"Does 1:00 work?"

"Sounds perfect. What diner?"

"I was thinking Juno's. They have good cheeseburgers and milkshakes."

"Awesome. I'll be there."

"Alright, that's great. See you there."

"Goodbye."

A/N: sorry for such short chapters, guys. I have so much school work. I just did the pacer test and I got like 10 someone kill me. Ugh.

Anyway, how was your day?

So far, mines been uneventful.

What do you think Jo's looking for? Leave a comment.

Alright guys, I'll try to update soon.

Love ya

-Jordan ❤️