Chpter.23

Casanova POV

It's funny.You know?How can one person;make such a big crime.10 girls if im correct.Are dead.Because of him.And if I don't find Crystal...well she'll be number 11.

But i'm barely getting any clues.That one guy who saw her is dead.Jones?He hasn't been at work all yesterday.Feel like I'm on this case by myself.

"Casanova!We found Crystal!"Someone bursts through the door.It was Seth."Hernandez just came off of the phone with her!!"He says out of breath.

"You sure Seth?You sure this isn't some teenager playing  with us?"I said looking at him.

"No Sal!She gave us the address!She says he's coming."I quickly got up and grabbed my gun and badge.

"Tell the team load up!I need 5 officers stat!"I told him and ran out of the room.

"Casanova!Here!Here's the address."Hernandez screamed.

"Thanks."I quickly ran in my patrol car and turned the sirens on.I drove onto the main road and began to speed.Almost immediately cars made way for me to pass.I took a look in my rear view mirror.I recognized my team was on my tail.

I followed the directions.It leaded me out of society.Of course into the woods.I kept driving and made sure my team was still behind me.

Soon the tar road became a gravel path.There wasnt no other turns.Just trees and a straight gravel road.

A old house came into view.I drove up more to find the front door open.I stepped out of the car and pulled my gun out.

"CRYSTAL!?"I yelled no answer.I yelled her name again but still heard nothing.The rest of the officer's showed up as backup.

I heard something drop.It made a loud crashing sound.

I took the gun off safety.I was ready to shoot.

In view came a man with a gun shot to the chest.Blood drenched his clothing.Who the hell is this guy?

I didn't know there was another victim.

"P-please...he's getting... a-away with C-crystal."He spoke but it mostly came out as a whisper.

Before any of us could reach him.He collapsed onto the ground.The rest of the officer's grabbed him trying to wake him up.

I grabbed my radio and called the ambulance."Uhh yes this is Offi.Casanova.We have 410.I repeat we have a 410.Victim shot in the chest.He's not responding."I said into the radio.

"410.We're on our way."

-------

"Doctor how is he?"I asked standing outside of this stranger's hospital room.

"Well Mr.Lenn isn't doing well.The bullet grazed his heart.He could be a dead man.Actually there is little hope that he might make it.He's in ICU,we're bringing him into surgery in 15mins.I believe he's awake."He said checking something off his clipboard.He checked his watch and looked at me."Excuse but I have to go."He left and that left me more curious.Why was this man here?Why isn't Crystal there with him?

I stepped inside his room.He was watching tv.There was tubes and wires everywhere.Poor thing.

He put his focus on me.He looked nervous at first but relaxed.

"Who are you?Why were you there,when we came for Crystal?"I like to get to the point .He swallowed hard before he spoke.

"Have a seat."He said I did as told.I just wanted answers.

"I-im the one who kidnapped C-crystal."He stuttered a bit.Wait...what?!?

"Excuse me?!"I stood up ready to arrest him.

"Please let me finish."He pleaded.I sat back down.He was helpless.

"I did kidnap her.But I wasn't alone.My brother...h-he..he took her.He shot me after I tried to set her free!He has her and it's all my fault!I listened to him!I kidnapped all those people!But it was all his idea!I understand what I did what was wrong but him and Max!They made me do it!"He began to hold his head and cry.Cry like a baby.He rocked back and forth back to back.

"Wait who's Max?"I asked him.

"Max...he's in my head !He takes over my body!He controls me half of the time!He almost killed her !H-he almost killed her.I didn't wanna do it.They made me this way."To see a grown man cry,was so I don't know.Odd I guess.He needed help.And he was going to get that.But it's not my choice on what happens to him.It's the judges choice.

"What's your name?"I asked him.He calmed down a bit.

"My name is Kevin.Kevin Lenn."He said wiping his tears.

"Now Kevin.Tell me what the hell is your brother's name!He has Crystal!I need to know where he's headed.Please I need your help."

"His name is...."His sentence went blank and he started to shake.Shake violently.All of a sudden his body fell flat and so did his heart monitor.

I quickly got up and began to shake him."Kevin wake-up!Wake up dammit!"I began to scream at him.This cannot be happening right now.

"What the hell is going on!"A doctor ran in."Hey get away.Oh Lord his heart rate!It's flat."He ran to a cabinet and pressed a blue button."WE HAVE A CODE BLUE."He screamed.Out of no where,10 doctors piled up into Kevin's room.All trying to bring him back to life.

"Mam I'll have to ask you to leave."A nurse said guiding me to the door.I didn't feel like arguing.So I gave up and sat in the waiting room.I hope he's okay .I need answers.

Nurse's and Doctor's were running in and out of Kevin's room.I grabbed my phone and dailed the only person I wish would pick up the phone.

"Hello this is Juan Jones.I can't reach you right now.Leave the message after the beep......BEEP."

That was his voicemail.I called 5 more times.But no answer.Great.