Prologue

Hi. This is the revised version of The Bitch Has Changed. Please do not confuse yourself with the comments (posted around 2016 to early 2020s) in the comment section.

I hope you will enjoy reading! Please vote, comment, and follow my account xviiimcbm. Thank you so much for your support!

***

Social Media Accounts

Facebook: Carmela Matibag

Twitter: carmelamatibag | xviiimcbm (public account)

Instagram: carmelamatibag

DISCLAIMER

The characters and events portrayed in this story are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, and even to other stories, is coincidental and not intended by the author.

Copyright © 2016 by Carmela B.M.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the author.

***

The Bitch Has Changed
1st installment, Love Wins Series
Written by Carmela B.M. (2016)

***

"We are all scarred by love, that we fear and want them at the same time." —Luna Tuazon

***

PROLOGUE

"IT'S BEEN A month already, Luna, hindi mo man lang ba ako kakausapin?" She sounds so frustrated but I promised I won't give in to her easily.

"Wala na tayong dapat pag-usapan pa, Scarlett." Sagot ko sa kanya at nagmamadaling inayos ang aking mga gamit.

"Hanggang ganito na lang ba tayo, Luna?"

I breathed sharply. "Hanggang dito na lang talaga tayo." Pagtatama ko sa kanya. "We can't be more than anything, Scarlett. Both of us are too scared of this. Sobrang bilis ng mga pangyayari. Nabigla lang siguro tayo noong umpisa which may have also led me to think that my feelings for you could grow into something more."

Pagkagulat lamang ang nakikita ko sa mukha ni Scarlett ngayon. "But this has to stop before I hurt myself even more." I bravely told her.

"What are you saying, Luna?" She asked. "Please, don't say that."

I gave her a small smile. We should not talk any longer. Buo na ang desisyon kong lumayo sa kanya. Kahit na alam kong imposible dahil naging kaibigan ko na rin ang mga kaibigan nito, alam kong unti-unti, mawawala rin ang pagtingin ko sa kanya.

"I really have to go now, Scarlett." Paalam ko sa kanya.

"Are you really saying...that we should just go back to the start? Like we have never met each other?"

With a smile on my face, I nodded at her. "Sana, pero imposible, 'di ba? But we can just go back to the start. 'Yon na lamang. I think it would be better that way."

She lowered her head and I noticed her clenching her fist. "I see," she mumbled. "Why did you suddenly want to run away from me?"

"Because it's the only way to protect myself."

"Alright," she said, nodding, then glanced at me. "If that's how I can protect you, too, then I'd understand."

I balled my fists. No, Luna, do not give in no matter what. "I'll go now," I told her.

"Luna."

I stopped but I was not glancing at her. Ayoko. Baka kapag tumingin ako sa mukha niya, mawala lahat ng lakas ng loob na inipon ko para sa sarili ko. Para layuan si Scarlett.

"Can we still be friends?"

Her question was the hardest question she has asked me. But of course, I need to give her an answer. An answer that will keep me safe from her.

"No," I answered. "At least, not now."